Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:55 AM

That is very useful - thank you.

#183 ridike

ridike

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:13 PM

hello! i'm new on designercontest and i had lots and lots of questions, but i find the answers in this topic. thanks a lot! :)

#184 idesignkimberly

idesignkimberly

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:04 PM

Good info!

#185 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:08 PM

Yeah, I admit that some of my posts were generic, the problem is that I have been so busy over the months that I forgot about this site all together. I got an email on day and it reminded me of it, and the fact that
I would really like to parttake in the contests more often.

I completed some designs and realized I couldn't compete because I hadn't posted enough, and I really am interested in these things, but I felt I had to get some posts up before the time expired, but regardless I enjoy designing logos etc whether or not they make it or not.

Anyways, thanks for the reply. Let me know if there is anything else I must do to become an official member.

Thank you for owening up to that.

as far as doing anything else to become and Elite Team member just particpate with in the forum. give constructive critisium or helpfull information when you see the opportunity. In the mean time feel free to participate in the "open" contests. ;)

#186 idesignkimberly

idesignkimberly

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:09 PM

It makes sense that the client owns the copyright to their logo.

#187 michelleherpich

michelleherpich

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:51 PM

I am so excited to get started! Thank you for organizing such a great site with great opportunities. Looking forward to connecting with everyone!

#188 the3storeys

the3storeys

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:42 PM

great site, can't wait to start designing

#189 KRasmus

KRasmus

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:07 PM

thank you

#190 anna_chechetka

anna_chechetka

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:47 PM

It,s a pity for me, but I've first found the contest, made some work and when it was ready, I've decided to post, what I've made. So I've registrated, but now I need 6 days & 10 posts in the forum and whatever, so I can't take part in the contest, which will be over in 5 days
Of course, all the rules are right, but I'm very disappointed:((

#191 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:05 PM

It,s a pity for me, but I've first found the contest, made some work and when it was ready, I've decided to post, what I've made. So I've registrated, but now I need 6 days & 10 posts in the forum and whatever, so I can't take part in the contest, which will be over in 5 days
Of course, all the rules are right, but I'm very disappointed:((

Dont be disappointed because you will have many many other contests. Rules are made for a good reason and if the admin/moderators decided like this, its because its for the best of DC community.

Try to spend those days (until you can participate) reading the DC rules, members introductions, portfolios, interesting info shared by some members, etc.

You can also introduce yourself to the community and share your work with us.

Welcome ;)

Edited by ZukiH, 24 February 2010 - 04:08 PM.

#192 Gery.M

Gery.M

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:48 PM

I'm new here, I want to thank you for these infos, really helpful!:), but I have some problems uploading my designs, to the actual "Brand new logo"contest. It says it's open to all registred members, but after uploading my image(jpg) nothing happens, I push the upload button and after that I have a blank page. Do I have to upload the AI file, or a smaller jpg? Sorry if is a stupid question, but I didn`t find any infos, and I worked on 2 logos until now, so I really want to upload them.:confused: Thanks and sorry for my grammer

Edited by Gery.M, 15 March 2010 - 03:59 PM.
I have a question

#193 kamyau

kamyau

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

New to here .... Hope this is good .. .
Looking forward to meet new designers here

#194 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:02 PM

I'm new here, I want to thank you for these infos, really helpful!:), but I have some problems uploading my designs, to the actual "Brand new logo"contest. It says it's open to all registred members, but after uploading my image(jpg) nothing happens, I push the upload button and after that I have a blank page. Do I have to upload the AI file, or a smaller jpg? Sorry if is a stupid question, but I didn`t find any infos, and I worked on 2 logos until now, so I really want to upload them.:confused: Thanks and sorry for my grammer

Hi Gery - you should upload a jpeg, make sure it is sized to 640x480, and in RGB mode. That should work!
:) Brandy

#195 Gery.M

Gery.M

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:41 PM

Hi Gery - you should upload a jpeg, make sure it is sized to 640x480, and in RGB mode. That should work!

problem solved:cool:, thank you Brandy!

#196 sinjix_media

sinjix_media

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:00 AM

i'd love to, but i doubt I have the confidence to compete. I love coming here to get opinions on logos, but I feel like such a novice in comparison to the great designers who are members here.

#197 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:50 AM

i'd love to, but i doubt I have the confidence to compete. I love coming here to get opinions on logos, but I feel like such a novice in comparison to the great designers who are members here.

It never hurts to try!
:) Brandy

#198 ivanlozano

ivanlozano

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:31 PM

Thanks for the information here!

#199 Ron Braun

Ron Braun

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

Hi all, I'm new and just wanted to say I look forward to learning something from everything. I think this will be an invaluable resource!

#200 osk386

osk386

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:51 AM

Thanx for the info.. really im here from dec 2007, but i never have been read the rules, id like to be a more active member, so im on my way.

Edited by osk386, 05 April 2010 - 04:57 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: illustrator tips, metallic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users