Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

Thanks for the info, i'll keep my logos until i get approved.:eek:

#224 Mysteron

Mysteron

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:31 PM

First of all I'd like to congratulate you on a good site, however,I would like to share some observations with you.
It would now appear to me after studying the site in more detail that there are a many rules and regulations which are not made very clear to new members.Oh yes,they are there for all to see but most people fail to read the small print and the evidence of this is plain to see by the number of new members who didn't realise that this site invites, lets say, the more professional designer unlike people like myself who enjoy being creative and despite winning various PS competitions, don't have a portfolio and didn't realise that PS work would not be acceptable.
This is not a whinge but as I said, an observation. Your forum contains many confused new members and I feel your site would be more user friendly by making it all clear and simple right from the very beginning.

#225 RFT_Concepts

RFT_Concepts

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:19 AM

First of all I'd like to congratulate you on a good site, however,I would like to share some observations with you.
It would now appear to me after studying the site in more detail that there are a many rules and regulations which are not made very clear to new members.Oh yes,they are there for all to see but most people fail to read the small print and the evidence of this is plain to see by the number of new members who didn't realise that this site invites, lets say, the more professional designer unlike people like myself who enjoy being creative and despite winning various PS competitions, don't have a portfolio and didn't realise that PS work would not be acceptable.
This is not a whinge but as I said, an observation. Your forum contains many confused new members and I feel your site would be more user friendly by making it all clear and simple right from the very beginning.

First - this site seems like a great way to explore your own creativity but 'd have to agree with the previous poster that the rules do seem confusing. In terms of creating and submitting a design, I gathered that one must be accepted on the Design Team. However, I could not find any application form except for one called Elites. Not I suppose that the contests for all members can be anyone?

#226 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21770 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:30 AM

Did you check the info on this page DesignContest.net Knowledgebase. The requirements . You should be able to find all the info you need there.

We have open contests for all registered members that have mad at least 10 quakifying forum posts (not meangless post padding) Once the forum requirement is made then you can enter the open contests. We have contests for Elite only as well. Check out the Knowledgebase link.

Like us on facebook

#227 RFT_Concepts

RFT_Concepts

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:35 AM

Thanks for the quick reply sharie. I was able to get clarification at another part of the forum which your post confirms. Thanks.

#228 katia

katia

• Guests
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 03:52 AM

does anyone know how i can deactivate my account??

#229 sishir30

sishir30

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:04 PM

this is a great place to learn...thanks guys

#230 zaqsyak

zaqsyak

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:43 PM

this is realy help, thanks

#231 akhockey17

akhockey17

Banned

• Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:49 PM

I'm trying to figure out why one of my contest submissions was deleted. I PM'd Coy about it and even left a comment on the contest page but that somehow was deleted as well. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this situation. It was for the Dahlonega contest and you can see from my page that I designed and submitted an entry that no longer shows up on the contest page

#232 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:01 PM

I'm trying to figure out why one of my contest submissions was deleted. I PM'd Coy about it and even left a comment on the contest page but that somehow was deleted as well. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this situation. It was for the Dahlonega contest and you can see from my page that I designed and submitted an entry that no longer shows up on the contest page

Thanks for the PM.
Just so others know as well. the submission was deleted for using gray scale in the Black and White section. That section is for Black and White only. NO gray or color just black and white.

I'm the one who deleted your comment in the contest. we try to keep the contest comments for the CH and replies directly to the CH. Just to keep it clean and easy to read.
If we see people continuously asking for feedback or things like that, we will delete the comment(s). This really wasnt' the case in your situation. but after I deleted it I was called to a meating and didn't have time to follow up.
If the CH has requested a revision but hasn't selected it you can let a mod/admin know and we will let them know or even request it from the CH yourself but not on a continuous basis.

Edited by Coy, 02 June 2010 - 05:04 PM.

#233 stlphotogirl

stlphotogirl

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

Thank you for the information. It has been very helpful. I am still new and I look forward to all the things I will be able to do on here in time.

#234 amelia_wong86

amelia_wong86

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:00 PM

Same with Valentynex, I also cannot find the application page. Please give us more information.Thx.:D

#235 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:10 PM

Same with Valentynex, I also cannot find the application page. Please give us more information.Thx.:D

I bet if you looked and read through all the stickies on DC you'd find what you were looking for ;)

#236 goldiewhy

goldiewhy

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

I just join as a member, but they said I had to have 10 posts on the forum before I participate in the competition...

#237 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:46 PM

I just join as a member, but they said I had to have 10 posts on the forum before I participate in the competition...

Yep that's true. And your posts need to be meaningfull posts. If you or anyone is "post padding" they will have their counter set back to 0 and the posts deleted as well as any submissions you may have been able to get in.

I'd suggest you continue reading all the stickies and become familiar with all the rules that we have here at DC. ;)

#238 ash28

ash28

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:55 PM

I think this is a great idea for pooling design talent!

#239 ash28

ash28

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I couldn't find anything. What is the situation with font usage? Do we have to stick to free fonts to ensure that if a design is chosen the buyer doesn't have to then fork out for an expensive font to go along with the logo? Or do you use what ever font you like, so long as you specify what it is, then it's up to the buyer to buy that font.

#240 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I couldn't find anything. What is the situation with font usage? Do we have to stick to free fonts to ensure that if a design is chosen the buyer doesn't have to then fork out for an expensive font to go along with the logo? Or do you use what ever font you like, so long as you specify what it is, then it's up to the buyer to buy that font.

If you create a logo you will need to "outline" the text/font so that it is then an image and part of the logo. Just make sure YOU have permission to use that font. ie paid for it and agree to the conditions of the purchase.
If the contest holder would like a copy of the font then you will give them the name and where they can purchase it. But your logo should not need any font files sent with it. unless it's a website design or something.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: illustrator tips, metallic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users