illustrator tips metallic

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#241 ash28

ash28

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for that - very helpful, I got the bit about vectors instead of text in logos and am used to that, but I know font licensing can be an issue and wanted to check what the official line is as far as DC is concerned.

#242 endi24design

endi24design

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

Greetings to all, I have joined the team today:)

#243 A.Chia Designs

A.Chia Designs

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:28 AM

I was wondering how to set up paypal just in case, because I have a paypal account but is there a specific way to set it up with this site?
Also I know a silly question but how do I upload and image to my profile as my display image hah :p I couldnt figure it out!

#244 A.Chia Designs

A.Chia Designs

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

Ahh I have submitted an entry to Credit renovation as well as 2 to the watch live contest. It has only let me upload in .jpg!!, and the rules say to use .psd or .ai I believe ?
Unless it means JUST when you send the company it in .psd or .ai which would make sense because then quality is not compromised.

Im just concerned because it wont let me upload it in the files that were said!
is there a specific size:S? I was reading logo design contest rules i have completed everything else it says to do:P

#245 Stev27

Stev27

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 398 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:55 PM

Ahh I have submitted an entry to Credit renovation as well as 2 to the watch live contest. It has only let me upload in .jpg!!, and the rules say to use .psd or .ai I believe ?
Unless it means JUST when you send the company it in .psd or .ai which would make sense because then quality is not compromised.

is there a specific size:S? I was reading logo design contest rules i have completed everything else it says to do:P

You are correct, the file you need to upload for viewing in a contest should be in jpeg format, sized at 640 pixels wide x 480 high. But the original design should be vector based and most commonly created in Adobe illustrator. That is the file that is given to the contest holder if you are the selected winner.

You can get more informations here:
DesignContest.net Entering Professional Contests

DesignContest.net Guidelines For Creating Logos

And remember to use the official DC canvas to place your logo in. You need to use that format or your entry will be marked as "PROBLEM". Good luck!
  • brandyarnold likes this

#246 deleteduser1

deleteduser1

Banned

• Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:02 AM

@ 2nd floor design

Wow..very nice portfolio..
can u teach some tips on making logo..heheh

anyway thanks for the info Coy..^_^

#247 princessjady

princessjady

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:39 AM

Cant wait to join in the contests in DC! Is really a good exposure ground to meet other great designers around the world :)

#248 princessjady

princessjady

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:55 AM

Sorry..as i'm pretty new here.
Just a quick question - Do we receive any emails to notify new contest going on? because I cant always visit DC / twitter to check..so email notification will be great;)

#249 endi24design

endi24design

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:16 PM

You can get more informations here:

DesignContest.net Guidelines For Creating Logos

And remember to use the official DC canvas to place your logo in. You need to use that format or your entry will be marked as "PROBLEM". Good luck!

Thank you for the information Stev27 :)

#250 goldiewhy

goldiewhy

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

Hi there,
I submit an entry to the logo contest, but found out my description won't display all the text that I typed, are there a limited of words to display?

#251 DeliriumDesign

DeliriumDesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:55 PM

Hey all,
just joined today and looking forward to join the team :)

#252 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:39 AM

Hi there,
I submit an entry to the logo contest, but found out my description won't display all the text that I typed, are there a limited of words to display?

your full description might not show up in the entry preview, but if you click on the entry it will take you to another page where you can view the entry at full size and the full description is visible.
:) Brandy

#253 princessjady

princessjady

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:32 AM

your full description might not show up in the entry preview, but if you click on the entry it will take you to another page where you can view the entry at full size and the full description is visible.

Sorry, just a quick check...will our submission be removed / consider invalid if no description had been entered at the point of submission?

#254 goldiewhy

goldiewhy

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:46 AM

This link is quite useful for you:

read it before you submit.
  • brandyarnold likes this

#255 NITAgabriel

NITAgabriel

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:49 PM

i saw a contest wich ended yesterday,in wich it was specified that 3 entries were aloud.Is there anybody having experience about the multiple entries problem?What happens if i post 2 entries?

Edited by NITAgabriel, 14 June 2010 - 03:57 PM.

#256 noahcharnow

noahcharnow

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

I'm so glad I found this site and look forward to submitting work soon!

#257 RobGerdinDesign

RobGerdinDesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:42 PM

Very useful information and I look forward to spending more time with this community of artists!

#258 RobGerdinDesign

RobGerdinDesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:09 PM

Very useful information and I look forward to spending more time with this community of artists!

Q: I have a portfolio that is not yet online, but will be soon. I have reviewed a lot of the threads as to where to put this online portfolio, but am still a little confused. Could someone please instruct me as to whether I just add a link somewhere to my online portfolio/website? Or is the portfolio the area where we can add images?

I suppose it would be best to add images that are diverse in nature so that you can get an idea of the array of things I can do?

Thanks all for your assistance!

#259 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:29 PM

whether I just add a link somewhere to my online portfolio/website? Or is the portfolio the area where we can add images?

portfolio is the place where u add ur work ..& u should have it online to public if u want to show it to others or apply to elite designers' team or so.
so yes, u should have it online & u can put the link of it anywhere u like so ppl can view it.

and divers in nature would be good to show ur strength in different areas.
hope i put this in the right words. :)
good luck

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#260 RobGerdinDesign

RobGerdinDesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:55 AM

Thanks, I'm on www.flickr.com
rob gerdin art