&nsbp;

#341 r1ck_art

r1ck_art

• Designer
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

Can anybody respond to me about 'How to complete 10 posts and where to posts??'

Hi,
You can post in this forum, for any problem.
To exchange experiences or want to ask something related to the field of designs, designs of software problems or the results of your work.
Please share it together here.
Good luck;)

#342 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:11 PM

The guidelines say, “All logo designs must be in vector format, and may not include any raster based elements.” That’s all well and good. I agree that all designs should be created as vector files for all the reasons mentioned throughout these forums... But here’s my question:

For initial contest display and presentation purposes, can we upload our entry submission as an un-editable .jpg or .pdf file? I think Angel mentioned somewhere that we can do this, but I’d like to have absolute clarification, because personally, I’d like to keep my original .ai or .eps vector file to myself until I know I’ve either won or lost the competition. If the client actually picks my design as a contest winner, I can certainly deliver the finals in any required file format necessary - including the original vector. When a design submission goes into the contest entry presentation thread, it gets rasterized anyway, right?

Hi Barry,
Thanks for the question (and welcome back!). The point is that the logo should be created using vectors, but your upload entry into the contest should be a screen resolution jpeg or png file.

The rule for creating logos in vector format is to protect the CH, meaning that their final chosen logo will be fully editable and scalable by them. BUT, you will upload a jpeg into the contest, which they will not be able to edit or use. If your design is chosen, you will upload the original vector files to the CH. If your logo is not selected as the winner, you will keep (and use at your discretion) the original files.

I hope I've answered your question, and please ask if you're unsure about anything else.

thanks!
:) Brandy

#343 barrywh

barrywh

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:34 AM

Thanks, Brandy!

That is exactly what I needed to know. I appreciate your feedback!
:)Barry

#344 arunpnr

arunpnr

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:32 AM

I am new to this community. how can i improve my designing skills??

#345 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:50 PM

I am new to this community. how can i improve my designing skills??

Hi arunpnr -
Welcome to DC. This is a good place to start if you want to improve your design skills. There are a number of ways to use this site for just that:

First - read the forums! There is a wealth of information in the forums, so explore - you're almost guaranteed to learn something here. I've been designing for about 17 years, and still learn things from the other designers here.

Second - you can post some of your existing design work (logos that you've created, page layout, or an illustration - anything that you've designed) into a new thread here: Works In Progress - Design Contest Forums and ask for feedback. Other designers will help guide you and make suggestions for improvement.

Third - enter a community contest! It's another way to practice your skill and get feedback from other designers - it's also a good way to learn how our contest system works here and I'd recommend it for any new member that wants to someday become an Elite Designer. You can check out the community contests here: DesignContest.net Community Contests

Best of luck to you & see you around DC!
  • alerasko likes this
:) Brandy

#346 Jogi

Jogi

Banned

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:38 PM

thanx for the detailed information

#347 badboyblues

badboyblues

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:22 PM

If my entries has been eliminated , do I have another chance in the same contest ???

Best regards.

#348 gammarayvictim

gammarayvictim

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

Thank you for this guide, as a designer just truly getting started in the field, not just high school, websites like this are an awesome tool too keep me busy and give me objectives to work towards, and this guide on how to use this great site is awesome!

#349 KYoder5673

KYoder5673

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:27 PM

Great idea about having an inspiration secion.

#350 paolataccardi

paolataccardi

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

Just clear informations! Thank you!

#351 muzzha

muzzha

Banned

• Banned
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

It is not crucial to have paypal to become elite, i hope that i am now wrong...

#352 joseignacio2406

joseignacio2406

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:11 PM

I think what you say is very true. If people like us are looking for a ways to practice, learn and improve themselves, oportunities like this of sharing and seeing are rare.

I am not sure of who started this webpage, but its a great resource place to start founding the basis of the grand designers we all have within.

#353 joseignacio2406

joseignacio2406

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:21 PM

Thanks for the info! I'll do my best to improve

#354 Evee

Evee

• Designer
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:31 PM

I think you mean the right "caliber"...not "caliper". A caliper is a tool used to measure the width of something; whereas, "caliber" means a grade or value of worth.

sorry...I just had to get that off my chest.

LOL that was funny but you know I do the same thing when it comes to the word stationery and stationary.
So many people use the word stationary when referring to letterhead or any type of paper products. Please look the word up in the dictionary, and I see people of all kinds using it this way ... I mean so called marketing professionals.
Stationary is when an object is standing still....
Stationery is paper products such as greeting cards or letterhead...
If you have not learned anything from these forums.. DESIGNERS ... please learn that... Act like you know what your talking about... When you say you can design stationery...
Now that's off my chest...
Thank you for listening.. :)

#355 Evee

Evee

• Designer
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

HERE I LOOKED IT UP FOR EVERYONE!

Stationery has historically meant a wide gamut of materials: paper and office supplies, writing implements, greeting cards, glue, pencil case etc.

Stationary can mean: Not moving (fixed in position, immobile, motionless, static, or at rest). Unchanging (for instance in measure, mode, condition, character).
In statistics and probability: a stationary process.
In mathematics: a stationary point.
In mathematics: a stationary set.
In physics: a time-invariant quantity, such as a constant position or temperature.
In physics: a steady state physical process, such as a vibration at constant amplitude and frequency or a steady fluid flow.
The word or its spelling is sometimes confused with stationery, meaning paper or office supplies.

Every professional designer needs to know the different.

Class over!

#356 RemyD

RemyD

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:54 PM

So I am VERY new to graphic design. I am enjoying the forums here and have already learned a lot. I am a bit confused about being able to submit to certain contests. I apologize if this seems rather stupid to ask, but if I read the above post correctly then anyone can post projects to the non-profit charity section, and non guaranteed section. however if a contest is guaranteed then the member needs to be on the Design Team. Is this correct or did I misread the information?

#357 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21779 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:04 PM

If you check out this link you should have all the info about the different contests and how to enter them

DesignContest.net Entering Professional Contests

You might also want to check out our knowledge base

DesignContest.net Knowledgebase

Like us on facebook

#358 RemyD

RemyD

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:29 PM

Thanks Sharie this response was exactly what I was wanting. There seems to be a lot of information on this board, and so it was getting very confusing as to what was what. This helped a ton.

#359 seanwhiteink

seanwhiteink

Banned

• Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:18 PM

Thanks I'm hoping this site will get my skills up.

#360 druml0ver

druml0ver

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:07 AM

hope all get there :p

Hello new DC designers,

Due to no guide for starters and people unaware about what they can do I made this guide. Hope it will help new designer who likes to join this community.

Most here might already work for companies or work freelance for one, but this community is a great way for student or just beginning designers to learn or improve them self. Here the level of designs in the Designer Team is very high, so companies ask for designs will get good designs. So to be chosen for the Design Team is a big privileged, and it don't happen directly. So you need to prove yourself, for some its easy but for students and beginning designers it could be hard.

Don't think this place is all about winning contest and earn allot of money. Its all about trying to express yourself to make the best design and hopefully it could be actually be used, and the extra a bit of cash earnings for your sweat and tears to design it.

- Just starting

When you just started you can still do allot of stuff in this community. There are different sections where you can do different things:

1. General Information
2. Design Contest
3. Inspiration
4. Instructional Content
5. General Chat
6. DC

1. General Information

Here you can find information about this community and also advice new ideas for this community to improve. Also if there are any question how the forum works you can find it there, if you can't find the answer don't hesitate to ask. Also there is a online magazine, where you can find news about design or this community. You can also send it news to help this magazine to get more info.

2. Design Contest
Particular most people are drawn to this cause they see all the money signs. But for starters you can't submit your design in the contest where it says Design Team Members Only. Those contest you can only watch and get inspired. But don't steal the designs cause that is not appropriate. Here we need to make total new designs that you have never seen before and also try to do the best.

However in this sections we can enter 2 different contest for starters Non-profit/Charity Contest and Community Contest. These contest we can improve and show your skills. However in the Non-profit/Charity Contest you can already earn a little by winning the contest. But if you win 3 times at the Community Contest you can join the Design Team. Also main rules says you may only submit 3 designs per contest threads. Other information about the contest are found there too.

Really Important!!: All logos on DesignContest.net must be created in vector format.
For further information look at the Guidelines For Creating & Delivering Logos thread.

When submitting the designs make them in a reasonable size and upload it to the web. With flickr.com or imageshack. And post the url to the images between .

3. Inspiration
This is a interesting sections where you can do allot of things too. First you can post threads with site, pictures or other thing that give you inspiration. To help others to get inspired. You can also show off the work you did outside of this contest and community, this could also help you get into the Design Team faster.

Work in Progress. Here you can show things your still working on and want some comment about. Not just thing about the contest, but also for other things maybe schoolwork of other designs. Some people always think they are the best and what they make is best, but this is not always true. So first thing we need to learn is to trust others and ask there comment about your work. This way you know what wrong and learn to look from a different view. So this section might be very helpful when you just can't get whats wrong with your design.

4. Instructional Content

Here you can find new about the industry of Design, new programs and information. The important thing of this section is to help you or others to learn the programs or help if the run into a problem. Here you can ask anything if you don't understand how the programs work. And if you know a cool trick is might be handy to post the guide here so other can learn it too.

5.General Chat
Here you can introduce yourself and also give information about you background. Or talk about just anything or ask anything too.

-Joining Design team
To join the Design team and to be able to compete with all the contest you need to look at this page. DesignContest.net Logo and Website Design Contests. Community of designers and web developers. New contests almost every day!

These are the requirement before you can become a member of the Design Team and to send an application.

1. You must have your own online version of a portfolio

2. You should be a registered member of the Contest Forums

3. You must be an active member of the DesignContest.net community for one week and have at least 10 forum posts

4. You must be able to receive Paypal payments

If you feel you meet the above requirements, please fill out the form. All new applications will be reviewed and processed within 30 days.

If there is anything you want to ask don't hesitate just ask.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: illustrator tips, metallic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users