• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 zaibatt

zaibatt

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:32 AM

My system ( CPU 2.40 GHz & 512 MB of RAM ) hangs as I open more than 50 tabs in Mozilla Firefox. I want to open approx 500 tabs for off-page SEO work ( Multiple sites ) at a time in Firefox browser …..................... Should I increase its memory or CPU or both or any other idea to improve the PC performance?

#2 tsmith

tsmith

• Designer
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:41 AM

You want more memory and a better processor, but honestly, even beefing up to a Quad Core, four gig machine, you will still have hiccups with 500 tabs open in FF. That is a a pretty huge amount of processing.

Not joking, say get 4 gigs ram for that which means a 64 bit OS and processor, and I'd recommend a Quad-Core Pentium.

I am assuming you are doing some kind of blackhat SEO with all those tabs feeding a page hits, etc? I may be way off.

#3 blissbrisk

blissbrisk

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:28 AM

1.Try to reinstall Firefox
2. Increase firefox cache fom 50MB to 100MB or even more

#4 AlottaDots

AlottaDots

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:43 PM

hehe. i am annoyed when i have more than 4 open. 50!? i dont know. I use Quad Reg cleaner and it keeps my system running smooth. I like to keep Illy and PS open all the time on top of the normal internet use. Designing and image processing can really eat up some resources. Gotta keep that machine in tip top condition!

#5 jamesmilner

jamesmilner

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:25 AM

I don't think that anything works smooth when you open 500 tabs, that is a lot of number and i don't think that even the latest processor can give you smooth performance with these numbers

#6 tonylibby

tonylibby

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:26 AM

For me firefox is the best explorer in current time but still if you open about 500 tabs it will definitely not work as silk but try to increase its cache memory may be it will work for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users