• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Qwert Man

Qwert Man

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:21 PM

I love Illustrator (CS3). It does lots of cool stuff. I also hate it. It's slow, sometimes won't let me save, and half the time will only send blank pages to the printer. Does anybody else have these problems?

#2 make_edit

make_edit

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:07 PM

Yea illustrator is still very buggy. I would have thought that they would have worked all the kinks out by now. I find that even though your images are raster, photoshop definitely works more smoothly and ,of course, you have a larger variety of filters n' such with it too. In tandem though, you cant beat 'em!

#3 ivan_s

ivan_s

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 03:27 AM

I've never had a problem with Illustrator. I've always seen it as a solid piece of software. Try re-installing it. :)

• Guests

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:00 AM

I love Illustrator (CS3). It does lots of cool stuff. I also hate it. It's slow, sometimes won't let me save, and half the time will only send blank pages to the printer. Does anybody else have these problems?

Illustrator is quite hungry for resources. What kind of computer do you use it on? If it is not very powerful I'd say it is the source of your problem.

#5 johnslmae

johnslmae

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:07 PM

If you're using foreign files in illustrator try to keep them organized. Just like any adobe program it willl run much more smoothly if you stay on top of your files.

#6 markre

markre

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:32 PM

yes is good program...but a bit slow...even with new pc
Hey this ain't about rocket science...try NASA for that...
why...the end is here

#7 switch_cs

switch_cs

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 04:07 PM

Or maybe you could try closing some unused but running applications if you're using Windows...

#8 Qwert Man

Qwert Man

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:47 PM

It's not my PC, I have centrino duo 1.73ghz + 2gb DDR2 + Nvidia GeForece Go 7600. Whatever the problem was, I'm not having it anymore. A long time ago I did a re-install and that didn't fix it, so I don't know why it just now started working well (could have been service pack 1). Still a little slow on saves, though.

#9 asassat2

asassat2

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:12 PM

i reallly need illustrator! :-(

#10 tombo717

tombo717

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:22 PM

I have never had this problem with cs3 and illustrator it might me your printer or computor

#11 Gorgon

Gorgon

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:27 AM

Illustrator is compulsory for me. I cannot do any work without it. For me it's not too slow. My pc specs almost as yours.

#12 Guest_silvan_*

Guest_silvan_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

illutrator is the real deal for doing basic designs, finishing with photoshop. adobe are some clever guys!

#13 geek

geek

Guru

• Designer
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:10 PM

I have no problem with Ai CS3 and even I run photoshop and DW together, it still runs smoothly. Maybe you need to upgrade your RAM, Processor and Graphic Card.

I heard CS4 has lots of issues. I will only upgrade to that once it is stable. (maybe 2 yrs from now)

#14 willylorbo

willylorbo

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:09 PM

I don't have any bug problem with illustrator!
I've never had one! :)

#15 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:59 AM

I keep Illustrator, PS, ID, Quark, firefox, thunderbird, acrobat distiller AND acrobat open prety much all the time and NEVER have a problem with Illustrator. Even with art containing thousands of points. I'm on a DP G4 mac still running 10.3.9. It must be some sort of software interference.

I do have friend running it on Vista that always complains that it's slow. I tend to blame it on vista though.

#16 yossmoss

yossmoss

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:46 AM

well, 1st of all you should buy a legal copy to prevent bugs ;)
i also run the whole adobe pack on a bit stronger pc then usual, and i get no bugs or extremely slow activities.

maybe you have your jpg`s or whatever embeded into the file and it makes it very heavy, its much better to work with links.

hope it helps

#17 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

well, 1st of all you should buy a legal copy to prevent bugs ;)
i also run the whole adobe pack on a bit stronger pc then usual, and i get no bugs or extremely slow activities.

maybe you have your jpg`s or whatever embeded into the file and it makes it very heavy, its much better to work with links.

hope it helps

You still get bugs on released versions. Just look at EVERY version of Quark (except 5...) I don't think anyone said they were using illegal copies anyway.

#18 yossmoss

yossmoss

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:59 PM

arent we talking about illustrator?

i dont get any bugs...

#19 LPC

LPC

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

I keep Illustrator, PS, ID, Quark, firefox, thunderbird, acrobat distiller AND acrobat open prety much all the time and NEVER have a problem with Illustrator. Even with art containing thousands of points. I'm on a DP G4 mac still running 10.3.9. It must be some sort of software interference.

I do have friend running it on Vista that always complains that it's slow. I tend to blame it on vista though.

you must have a pretty nice setup, I can hardly run anything else with illustrator open at the same time :(

#20 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

you must have a pretty nice setup, I can hardly run anything else with illustrator open at the same time :(

nah, not really. It's not sluggish, but I wouldn't say it's fast.1Ghz dual processor with only a gig of ram. I'm still using my mirrored door G4 with OS 10.3.9.

do you have your scratch disk set to the same drive that the software is on? If not, try it (if you have the space/memory) It actually helps a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users