• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#41 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:44 PM

Oh cool, since I use only MAC for everything, and rarely touch a PC, I didn't realize you could allot memory the same way we can on our macs.. cool. I hope it works for you!

I should also mention, Illustrator works perfectly for me, even though I've got Photoshop, Quark 8, Entourage, iTunes, Firefox, and usually a couple other applications always running at the same time, and I'm just working off a 6-year old PowerBook G4, 1GHz, 1.25 GB RAM. (haha, I never shut down my computer, its so old I'm afraid it won't start up again!) So, while a less powerful system could sometimes be a problem, that isn't the case for me, i'm working on an old dinosaur!

with all the things we download and install on our computers on an almost daily basis, there's bound to be some tiny file in there somewhere that's screwing everything up! I had a problem a few years ago with all of my system fonts suddenly converting to Helvetica outlines, it looked really goofy and I could barely read anything! Turned out I had installed a font that alphabetically put itself at the top of my fonts list and messed everything up (don't ask me how...) so I just renamed the font with a "z" before the name, it went to the bottom of the list and everything works perfectly again.... it took me about 3 days digging around the internet to find the solution to that one... so you never know.

Also, since we're talking about my cat, he walked across my keyboard once and changed the name of my hard drive (I think he did it on purpose). That REALLY messed me up!
:) Brandy

#42 Gabber

Gabber

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:21 AM

I didn't realize you could allot memory the same way we can on our macs..

its funny the preconception that you can do more with a mac... usually its quite the contrary ;)

Never had any performance issues with Illustrator, on the other hand Photoshop cs4 is pure hell, sometime it freeze for 10-15 second just by selecting a layer or try to move an image. But i'm sure its also the fault of windows vista.

I had to revert to cs3 and everything is fine now :)

#43 sevehn

sevehn

• Designer
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:13 AM

i'm working on an old dinosaur!

-- =D i can relate!

Photoshop cs4 is pure hell, sometime it freeze for 10-15 second just by selecting a layer or try to move an image

---yah, thats what i noticed with PScs4 ... it does freeze ...........

then again ... my pc too is also a dinosaur ... maybe a middle-aged dinosaur! -- hahahahha!!!
:D
--
the best is yet to come ~

#44 chio_tg

chio_tg

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:57 PM

Also, since we're talking about my cat, he walked across my keyboard once and changed the name of my hard drive (I think he did it on purpose). That REALLY messed me up!

omg that happened to me u.u, wasn't my cat though, when my mom took my mac to change its hard drive (it died ;_; ) the guy put my mom's name instead of mine ._. ... so when I tried to rename it, ALL the things that were linked to 'somewhere' didn't work out ;_;... so I had to leave my mom's name in my mac u.u....

... any idea 'bout how can I relink everything so I can put my name xD??

#45 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:58 AM

I love Illustrator (CS3). It does lots of cool stuff. I also hate it. It's slow, sometimes won't let me save, and half the time will only send blank pages to the printer. Does anybody else have these problems?

My job as a large scale graphic designer requires me to use illustrator for the vector capabilities, I have been using it for many years and versions. Please do not take this wrong but when working in illustrator all artwork that you want to print needs to be inside of an artboard. I have caught myself on several occasions especially when rushed to not have the artwork inside the artboards parameters and when I went to print BLANK... So please make sure all your work is inside the boundaries.

#46 SuYoG

SuYoG

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:13 PM

iam usin corel illu is far away to catch up jst corel wud be enough for designing and stuff but ppl say illu is awesome;):cool: and has many tools to edit and experiment with dnt know:confused: may be some day will learn:D:p

#47 MaoFlores

MaoFlores

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:43 PM

it depends of your computer configuration.

#48 brenna

brenna

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:59 PM

Yes, Illustrator can be a bit slow, but there are so many great tools that I'm willing to test my patience a bit. I'm always exploring and finding new techniques I can use. It can be a bit overwhelming, but overall I've been happy with Illustrator so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users