Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

A company any designer would want to work for!!

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 principe

principe

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:27 AM

Hey guys, so I've been looking at the sites posted by others in this forum and I couldn't find Saizen Media Studios! I'm not sure if you guys have seen/heard of them but their flash sites are just breathtaking.

Attached File  fs-thumb.jpg   17.93KB   248 downloads

They combine a lot of matte painting/3D with flash and it just looks so good. Well hope you guys like it. They have a large portfolio and have worked with many companies like Sony, Square Enix etc.

Their sites are definitely inspirational!

SAIZEN MEDIA STUDIOS : NightWish | Selected Works | All Rights Reserved - 2007

Edited by jjyepez, 31 August 2012 - 05:20 PM.
Thumbnail added.

• likes this

• Guests

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:15 AM

A great website indeed! Thanks for the link!

#3 xorMedia

xorMedia

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:20 AM

I really like the combination of 3d-Art and Flash :)
“How to succeed? Try hard enough.”
Malcolm Forbes 1919-1990

#4 elantonio

elantonio

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:07 AM

Superb artworks!

#5 yamill

yamill

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:03 AM

wow, awesome! Kickass portfolio

#6 Alealm

Alealm

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:31 AM

it is an amazing website, too bad it's very slow

#7 architorch

architorch

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:02 PM

This is really impressive. Reminds me of something 2Advanced would do. I'll have to keep an eye on Saizen. Sites like these blow me away. The Flash wizardry out there is pretty awesome.

#8 georgian

georgian

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:54 PM

really nice...3d...flash...probably html/php...and of course concept - really nice team work!!! just nice to look at it

#9 yossmoss

yossmoss

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:19 AM

some amazing works
super link
10x!!

#10 PixelFuze

PixelFuze

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:04 AM

Ohhh that is impressive, thanks for the link :)! Very inspirational indeed.

#11 Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*

Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:17 AM

Nice, i wonder what 3d software they and 2advanced used to render those amazing backgrounds.

#12 brian_lsf

brian_lsf

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:23 AM

the backgrounds look like simple 3d with mainly a lot of matte painting

but today the major 3d softwares are very equivalent
the most popular ones being Maya, 3ds max, Blender, XSI, Modo, Cinema4d, Lightwave

#13 Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*

Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:12 PM

not all 3d programs are created equal especially in the rendering aspect., i have some experience with 3d modeling and rendering and like many people i would like to improve my skills by learning the best programs i can get. For sure their result was a combo of a very nice rendering and photoshop, but it would be sweet to know what software was used.

#14 brian_lsf

brian_lsf

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:07 PM

I've seen very very good works coming from all of these major 3d softwares
of course the 3d softwares are not exactly the same and they all have their strengths and weaknesses.. but if you ask in any cg forums, they would say it's not about the software but the artist (and they usually do not tolerate software discussions because it can easily start huge software flame wars)

It's not like in design softwares where photoshop and illustrator are the kings, there's lots more competition in 3d softwares because like I said they are very equivalent.
About the rendering aspect, all of the major 3d softwares are really good, many of them come with mental ray and you can also get third party renderers like vray or maxwell which are accessible to many 3d softwares

I usually use 3ds max and vray for photorealistic renderings and vray is coming to maya and it's also available for cinema4d, rhino, sketchup, etc

So it's quite safe to learn any of the major softwares because there's no 'best' 3d software

It's more about trends; Maya is used mostly in animation, 3ds max in design and video games, etc but it's not unusual to see any of these softwares in different fields

#15 Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*

Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

I've seen very very good works coming from all of these major 3d softwares
of course the 3d softwares are not exactly the same and they all have their strengths and weaknesses.. but if you ask in any cg forums, they would say it's not about the software but the artist (and they usually do not tolerate software discussions because it can easily start huge software flame wars)

It's not like in design softwares where photoshop and illustrator are the kings, there's lots more competition in 3d softwares because like I said they are very equivalent.
About the rendering aspect, all of the major 3d softwares are really good, many of them come with mental ray and you can also get third party renderers like vray or maxwell which are accessible to many 3d softwares

I usually use 3ds max and vray for photorealistic renderings and vray is coming to maya and it's also available for cinema4d, rhino, sketchup, etc

So it's quite safe to learn any of the major softwares because there's no 'best' 3d software

It's more about trends; Maya is used mostly in animation, 3ds max in design and video games, etc but it's not unusual to see any of these softwares in different fields

Do you have any experience with Maxwell, would you say its worth the price? I use Form Z for my modeling and rendering and i get a good result but its nothing like what i see from this portfolio site or 2advanced. I am really looking to up my skills a little and need to pick a direction. From the Form Z forums people tent to swear by Maxwell. Soo.. do i choose maya, and start from scratch, or should i just get the Maxwell plugin for Form Z and master it. Both would require a significant amount of time to understand i am sure.

I just finished a first attempt at interior design modeling and rendering. Check the link below.
YouTube - Interior Design

#16 brian_lsf

brian_lsf

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

Maxwell is very good.. but it is an unbiased renderer which means it produces physically accurate renderings but takes more time to render than biased renderers like Vray or mental ray.. so it's a real pain to render animations
Learning maxwell is quite easy though because it's unbiased, you don't have to fiddle around so much with the settings

In architectural visualization, Vray is widely used because of the relatively fast render times and photorealistic quality. And it is used mainly in 3ds max because it was originally made for max so the max version is the most complete one; the maya/rhino/sketchup/etc versions are beta or do not have all the functionalities..

If I were you i'd stay away form form z. In my experience, form z is good only for precision in CNC milling

I would recommend 3ds max + vray (maybe because i use them :p) for interior designs but again all of the other major 3d softwares (Maya, 3ds max, Blender, XSI, Modo, Cinema4d, Lightwave ) are very good too
BUT these softwares cost a lot of money, so it's good if you work in a company or if you can get educational price..
Blender is a very good FREE open source 3d software but has a very steep learning curve

#17 Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*

Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:53 PM

thanks brian_lsf, I got into form Z because its what was here (studio computer), i managed to teach myself the program and feel comfortable using it. I dont think its that bad really but there is alot of problems and more and more i am finding limitations. Thanks for the advice, i think i will study maya, mainly because form Z is good enough for the still shots i do. I think animation is the way to go.

Again thanks for the advice.

#18 curvabezier

curvabezier

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:34 PM

Inspiring? Not even inspired I could achieve such graphics! :)

#19 Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*

Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:51 PM

Inspiring? Not even inspired I could achieve such graphics! :)

Cool, care to share?

#20 megharajdeepak

megharajdeepak

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:19 AM

i liked the loading grafik! looks like after effects was used there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users