&nsbp;

#1 emoryarts

emoryarts

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:52 PM

Posted Image

Has anyone tried out the site? If so, how about the desktop edition?

Just curious to hear of any testimonies of this product actually being useful. The technique sounds pretty efficient but I'm skeptical on investing in such a thing, without proper confirmation.
Posted Image

#2 guetizo

guetizo

Guru

• Designer
  • 1867 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:40 PM

I know a pretty good one! Its called... Illustrator. The pen tool makes wonders!

When you look at the video demo you saw pretty good defined shapes on the image.... whoa! its really hard....
tsk tsk

Paulo
thanks
guetizo origin~all portfolio | guetizo's logo~blog (showing new logos!)

#3 emoryarts

emoryarts

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:01 AM

I know a pretty good one! Its called... Illustrator. The pen tool makes wonders!

When you look at the video demo you saw pretty good defined shapes on the image.... whoa! its really hard....
tsk tsk

Paulo

Well, smartass, there is one issue with that. Having knowledge of Photoshop, you can fake your way into Illustrator/InDesign. I don't WANT to do this, but if necessary, I will. This is a 'quick' fix until I get properly educated with such tools. I don't want to fake it like most people, and get a half-ass production, you understand? Back on topic, please.
Posted Image

#4 guetizo

guetizo

Guru

• Designer
  • 1867 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

First, I advise you not to adress me in those manners 'cause i don't know you.

Second, who wants a "quick" fix insatead of learning how to do it properly is definately an inteligent person... Learn the tools, learn how to do it and you'll be richer in knowlegde.

No bother replying me.
thanks
guetizo origin~all portfolio | guetizo's logo~blog (showing new logos!)

#5 emoryarts

emoryarts

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:57 PM

First, I advise you not to adress me in those manners 'cause i don't know you.

Second, who wants a "quick" fix insatead of learning how to do it properly is definately an inteligent person... Learn the tools, learn how to do it and you'll be richer in knowlegde.

No bother replying me.

Smartass remarks tend to come from typical smartasses. Just an assumption.

Secondly, your English might be pretty horrid but that doesn't mean your spelling necessarily has to be. Most upgraded browsers have spell-checks pre-installed, might want to consider that.

Lastly, and more importantly, educating oneself in such practices takes lots of time, money, and patience. I cannot just go to the store with money I don't have and purchase an expensive product and be knowledgeable from the start. Sure, I could play around enough with the basics but learning precise moves is something different. Not to mention I'm a visual-aid type of person, books do not do the justice of education as well as a professional teacher can, which also costs boocoo dollars.

And I wouldn't have replied back if you had opted for the same option but you apparently ignored my "back on topic, please." conclusion. Now, can we be settled?
Posted Image

#6 newtech2008

newtech2008

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:52 PM

this product actually being useful. The technique sounds pretty efficient but I'm skeptical on investing

#7 tenispal7

tenispal7

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:13 AM

Hey, I have used the online version of vector magic, and I was a user back when it was free :( Now im learning to pen and it is no longer free, so I would not suggest buying it. Vectormagic is great, but not if you can do it for yourself, OR ASK SOMEONE ELSE TO HELP! Sorry for caps but there are a ton of great pen tool artists (Im sure on this site) who will probably help you for free. Again, it is a great program, but I really dont think the cost is fair.

#8 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:34 AM

One thing you have to give it to them is that it traces way better then the one build into the Adobe Illustrator version of tracing bitmap to vector. Just hope cs4 got some what better trace or close to this one.

#9 georgian

georgian

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

i hope i am correct with this: in corel draw there is an option, under BITMAPS (top), trace bitmap, with several option...i think that is almost the same thing as what they are doing with this program.
and the same goes with ai
so, i am not sure if you really need to buy this VECTOR MAGIC as long as you have any of this 2 programs ( they have kind of the same interface, letting you to change different characteristic of the trace, see a "live preview" and probably give you the same result)

sorry if i am wrong or not on the topic

#10 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:14 PM

the autotrace feature in Illustrator works really well - it just takes a while to get the settings fine-tuned enough to reliably trace something the way you want it.

Are you needing it for a specific project? Or for continued use until you feel more comfortable in Illustrator?

If the detail isn't too fine - you could always separate the colors out into paths in Photoshop You just use the wand tool then make a path from the selection. Then smooth the points and save the path. Do that for each of the colors and then bring them into Illustrator. It's not the slickest method - but if you can get a copy of Illustrator it could be your quick fix.

There's a tutorial that I can find right now by an artist named jimiyo that kinda shows that method...

#11 lad2050

lad2050

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:15 PM

I have the desktop version of this software and I would say it is the best vectoring software out on the market right now. It is very detailed and easy to understand and the results are adjustable until you get what you want. Hope this helps.

#12 shefshef019

shefshef019

• Designer
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:00 AM

I've used the free trial for a last-minute job at work, mainly because my work computer didn't have Illustrator at the time. It's a decent program to try out and gets the job done in a pinch, but I wouldn't buy the full version.
Designs by Jenna Sheffler: Professional portfolio
Design Intervention: Freelance graphic and web design
Technicolor Carnival: One-of-a-kind handmade jewelry and gifts

#13 KaiJein

KaiJein

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:52 PM

I already have this one last month with full version since my computer can't hold very large vector but i threw to the trashcan and delete this software maybe because i have no interest to use this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users