US & EU support teams

Quick question. How much for a website

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*

Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:15 AM

Whats the going rate? No programming, just design?

Edited by B.T.Klemensowsk, 21 February 2009 - 02:23 AM.

#2 max4999

max4999

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:15 AM

well, to be very frank it is always profitable to sell a site after you have tried and tested it properly. once it is done, i little bit of traffic is the main criteria for selling a website. if you are planning to sell your site just plain and the USP according to you is just 'Design' then i am not sure how it works, but generally a site is sold at the 25% of the visitor volume. if there are 1000 visitors on the site in a month then the ideal prce of the site should be $250. this is how i do the purchase, if anybody has better way do share it here

#3 T Graphics

T Graphics

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:01 PM

I could be wrong but I think Max misunderstood... You mean how should you charge to design site? If so for just straight design I got a quote on and entire website a little while ago and they were charging $250(can) for the design part. Now that may be a little cheaper then if you were just doing the design cause they are also getting money on the coding. I generally try and charge $300 for just the design but it depends on complex the site is.

(Sorry Max if that is what was being asking)

#4 Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*

Guest_B.T.Klemensowsk_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

yea T Graphics you understood. I do mainly print design, but sometimes after i do a good job with something people ask me to do their website. I normally just say i dont do it because i dont like to code it. However i would like to give them an option to do design only but dont know how much i should charge.

#5 T Graphics

T Graphics

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

I'm a little in that same boat too except I can do some basic web design (see my site T Graphics :: [design for all your creative needs]) But nothing really fancy with forms or flash or anything.

I've actually gotten a book to learn more since it seems there is a growing need for it from a lot of clients.

yea T Graphics you understood. I do mainly print design, but sometimes after i do a good job with something people ask me to do their website. I normally just say i dont do it because i dont like to code it. However i would like to give them an option to do design only but dont know how much i should charge.

#6 max4999

max4999

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:09 AM

I could be wrong but I think Max misunderstood... You mean how should you charge to design site? If so for just straight design I got a quote on and entire website a little while ago and they were charging $250(can) for the design part. Now that may be a little cheaper then if you were just doing the design cause they are also getting money on the coding. I generally try and charge $300 for just the design but it depends on complex the site is.

(Sorry Max if that is what was being asking)

very nicely explained T-Graphics, yes i agree that i misunderstood. anyways clearing it for me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users