drawing mouse tablet

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 pliny.Design

pliny.Design

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:31 AM

I have been thinking about getting a wacom for a while now. I have been wanting to use it for not just sketching, but actual design work. There is one issue that i am worried about.

I am left handed, but have always used the computer mouse with my right. I am sure that if I really needed a tablet I could get used to this and it would not be a problem.

Should I try to switch to using a tablet left handed, or just focus on improving my drawing skills with a right handed mouse. What are some of the pros/cons?

Thanks.

#22 jiaix

jiaix

• Designer
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:04 PM

you did know that you can swap the mouse-handedness in os, right?
cons - drawing with a mouse is like driving a car backwards ... you can do it, but what's the point if it never get's fast enough? :p
pros - if you're already used to right-handed mouse then you can now multitask better :p

#23 pliny.Design

pliny.Design

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:21 PM

you did know that you can swap the mouse-handedness in os, right?
cons - drawing with a mouse is like driving a car backwards ... you can do it, but what's the point if it never get's fast enough? :p
pros - if you're already used to right-handed mouse then you can now multitask better :p

Yeah, I know you can change it, but I don't want to. I don't want to be handicapped when I used someone else's computer.

I never thought about the multi tasking aspect of having a mouse and a pen, one in each hand.

I would be really cool If I could actually have to mouse icons on screen, but then I would need another hand for keyboard shortcuts.

#24 external_eye

external_eye

Banned

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

Wacom Intuos 3/4 is very good choice i guess, for example work on intuos 3 , and on crapy Genius mousepen 8x6 . Looking forward cintiq 12wx or 21ux. Who knows?

#25 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:23 PM

Just heard about this: Wacom launched wireless versions of their graphics tablets:

Wacom wireless Intuos tablet for PC and Mac

That's so cool.:D

#26 pliny.Design

pliny.Design

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:25 AM

Thats really cool. They are expensive, but I imagine its worth it. I may start with a cheaper model, just to see if I like it.

#27 arkzai

arkzai

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:41 PM

wacom intuos are the best out there weel except for cintix but who can afford those

#28 meadec

meadec

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:16 AM

Wow I'm hearing a lot about this Wacom... I'm going to have to look into it. I actually never used a tablet before yet I have been considering one lately mainly because I want to be able to be versatile in my design skill. If anyone doesn't mind sharing some pros/cons, how the transition is from mouse to tablet? I'd appreciate it!

#29 johnnyarr

johnnyarr

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:42 PM

I bought a cheap Wacom Bamboo after seeing tablets for sale on another site and wanted to try it. I barely touch it, because I'm much faster with a mouse, heck even my touchpad. Could be lack of practice though.

#30 FM94

FM94

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:37 PM

from my point of view... i think WACOM tablets are the best !

#31 Rienone

Rienone

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:25 PM

Wacom Tablets! I have had my Graphire forever and love it!

#32 matthymes

matthymes

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:39 AM

I bought a tablet on sale at walmart for 12.50 and it was amazing...till my old room mate stepped on it, I haven't replaced it yet or I'd give the name of the company but it was dirt cheap and mac compatible which was pretty awesome.

#33 Kooia

Kooia

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:21 AM

Just so you know, you're not alone. Hate to admit it, but this is my first time hearing about drawing tablets. I pretty much did the same thing as you... draw by hand and then trace it.

But from what people are saying, I'm thinking of getting one. Thanks for posting this thread!

#34 jenipur

jenipur

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:43 AM

I want my own tablet. It's much easier than using a mouse, you can have more control over the design and you can have your own perfect touch to your design by using your handwriting, etc.

#35 roepdesign

roepdesign

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:34 PM

i always use a drawing tablet for really drawing on a digital paper. works for me

#36 exparte

exparte

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:27 PM

Would anyone recommend buying a used tablet? I always buy new stuff so it has a warrenty but my current budget is pretty tight.

#37 zookey

zookey

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:05 PM

LOL I have a wacom and the feeling is that I'm going too fast for my own eye. You gotta show me how you do it because i can't replace my mouse yet. :)

same problem with me...

#38 SolitaryDESIGN

SolitaryDESIGN

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

I have one of the best drawing tablets on the market, although ive come to realize that i don't use it as often as i thought i would, but it is absolutely increase your work flow speed.

#39 latrasis

latrasis

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

Tablets? Who needs tablets? Just eat organic food!

#40 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

Would anyone recommend buying a used tablet? I always buy new stuff so it has a warrenty but my current budget is pretty tight.

I bought a used wacom 6 x 8 intuos 4 years ago and it still works great - I use it exclusively everyday.

I've gone through a few packs of nibs...but that's it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drawing, mouse, tablet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users