• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 mik3y

mik3y

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

Did anyone ever try the vector magic app? heard its really good but Id like to hear some feedback from designers on this site.

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:17 PM

I've used it twice.
Once about a year ago and hated the way the image came out.
Then just a couple/few days ago for a flower and liked the outcome of that one. You can see it in the works in progress section here titled "finished but don't like it"

So I guess I'm 50/50 on it LOL. I may try again later since it gives you two free conversions. I also saved every optioin they give. eps, psd, svd(?) and something else.??

#3 twistedpiston

twistedpiston

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:23 PM

Did anyone ever try the vector magic app? heard its really good but Id like to hear some feedback from designers on this site.

I have used it a few times also. You know, I prefer to use live trace in Illustrator if I'm not going to trace it myself.

#4 Hayman19

Hayman19

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:02 AM

Its an alright program thats good for if you need something vectored really quick. A lot of the times that i have used it though there have been minor errors in the final copy, especially around curved parts of the logo or whatever it is your using it for. But if you need a quick vector and dont feel like doing it in Illustrator or w/e then it seems like a good choice.

#5 tharvish222

tharvish222

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:14 PM

Vector magic is a software package that allows you to convert bitmap images in to vector images. Bitmap graphics are images made up of pixels, and they are not easily scalable. This is a problem if you want to create a larger version of your image, or need to use the same image in many different sizes. Vector graphics are completely scalable, you can blow them up large and you don’t get jagged edges.

Vector magic is great software for doing just this. Converting your bitmap files into vector files. The strength of Vector Magic is for converting line art designs, such as logos. The diagram below compares Vector Magic to the other popular vector applications on the market.

#6 photoshooter

photoshooter

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:43 PM

For Vector graphics, just work on illustrator or coral. Illustrator is much better than coral.
Packaging Supplier in United States of America

#7 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:53 AM

For Vector graphics, just work on illustrator or coral. Illustrator is much better than coral.

Do you mean Corel Draw? Corel Draw Trace its not bad imo. Of course if you have a terrible quality bitmap image it wont turn into a perfect vector ..But it made some "miracles" and saved me in some situations :D

#8 csquaredlove

csquaredlove

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:58 AM

I prefer Corel Draw auto trace. I mean it can't be anything TOO detailed, but it always works well for me. Here and there I may have a little cleanup to do, in which case i just smooth some lines out. But it's quick and easy.

#9 smyth

smyth

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

i rarely use autotrace. only when i'm looking for imperfect as an effect, or if it's not important to match (lets say a flower, or a butterfly ( the more rounded the shape, the better) where minor differences of shape are not important, or for an overall shape of a picture, so i can outline it / apply contour to it.

#10 Jradical

Jradical

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:13 AM

i also mainly use illustrator and get the best results from it. might have to try it soon now though just to find out. i love ill tho!

#11 ideosmil

ideosmil

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

I used live trace when converting bitmap images to vector. So far it's good but when you expand the images it look's carp. lol

#12 marlonaire

marlonaire

• Designer
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:32 AM

i only use auto trace or live trace when making silhouettes.

#13 twistedpiston

twistedpiston

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

I hardly ever use auto trace anymore. I have better results tracing something with the pen tool.

#14 Donyfajar

Donyfajar

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:03 AM

I hardly ever use auto trace anymore. I have better results tracing something with the pen tool.

manual seem much more better than auto i guess, but depends on bitmap style and what kind of trace that we need :D

#15 stonny

stonny

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

Hi,
If looking for vector software to start, perhaps you can give a chance to Inkscape though it is not as feature rich as corel or Illustrator, It's a good starting soft, And the best of it is that it's freeware, so nothing to lose if it does not suit you.

#16 dansheva

dansheva

• Designer
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

vector magic..i'm using twice and good result..because i don't know how to tracing in ai

#17 DESIGNKB

DESIGNKB

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

tracing in illustrator stays my thing

#18 Acorsys

Acorsys

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

Vector Magic is a very powerful and quick software that allows to convert bitmap to vector. I've worked many times with it and I was very satisfied.

#19 kingston250

kingston250

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

I have no idea about Vector Magic and never try.f you need vector designs for your website, business and other brands then download free of cost from here. Vector Characters Download for Free

#20 jiu

jiu

Banned

• Banned
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

Vector magic is powerful and quick software program that can convert just a second into a vector file. But it could applicable only one color variation of a bitmap or image. That is not good in gradient color. It ruins the gradient color after the conversion process. Ai or Corel is the best powerful tool in doing vector files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users