• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21770 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:03 AM

Hi everybody, hope all is well with everyone.

I searched through the threads here to see if a thread had been started about our pets.

I thought it would be neat to see a photo or even an artwork of your pet. Tell us a bit about the fur kid. This could also be like a rainbow thread if anyone wants to post an image of a pet that has crossed over the rainbow.

This is my little girl. Her name is Piper. My kids gave her to me for birthday last yr. She is a rescue from the animal shelter. She was a stray and no one claimed her. She decided she owned me the first time she saw me. They guessed she was maybe 2 yrs old. Completely housebroke, sweetheart and smarter than any other dog I have ever had. She is entertaining and makes me smile and laugh on a hard day.

Like us on facebook

#2 geek

geek

Guru

• Designer
  • 436 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:58 AM

What a good looking handsome dog. We want to have one, but I'm not sure if the apartment will allow us, and also the dog won't enjoy running in the yard.

Hi everybody, hope all is well with everyone.

I searched through the threads here to see if a thread had been started about our pets.

I thought it would be neat to see a photo or even an artwork of your pet. Tell us a bit about the fur kid. This could also be like a rainbow thread if anyone wants to post an image of a pet that has crossed over the rainbow.

This is my little girl. Her name is Piper. My kids gave her to me for birthday last yr. She is a rescue from the animal shelter. She was a stray and no one claimed her. She decided she owned me the first time she saw me. They guessed she was maybe 2 yrs old. Completely housebroke, sweetheart and smarter than any other dog I have ever had. She is entertaining and makes me smile and laugh on a hard day.

#3 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:43 AM

Couldn't pass this post up!

Ellie—our current boxer whom we adopted this summer. She is 7 years old and a sweetie. My husband calls her the White Devil. :) The first couple of weeks, she tore the curtains down in the living room plus she broke out of the front window through the AC unit. She roamed the woods for about 3 hours and returned home dirty and wet. We love her!

#4 toddbee

toddbee

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:05 PM

this is a good chance to share a funny moment that happened the other night:

Posted Image

priceless.

#5 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:10 AM

cute pic, toddbee!

#6 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:44 PM

Any other pet lovers out there? :)

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21770 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:00 PM

It doesn't have to be a fur kid, can be a feathers,scale,slime or even something with a whole bunch of eyes. :)

KHDZN I love boxers. I used to show some boxes for some people, clowns and sweethearts!. I have seen some pure white boxers and dobermans and the health is horrid along with structure problems like being fiddle front and they can't hardly see. Your sweety looks to have one dark spot her ear bet that even adds to her character.

I reaised and shown dobermans and english pointers for quite sometime, my health got bad and had to give it up. I couldn't take care of my big dogs anymore. I went about 8 yrs without a furkid then last yr on my birthday piper came into our lives, she is a rescue from the pund. We just love her. The only thing is she is the singing frog! The singing frog from the old WB cartoons. Without public she is active, does tricks and so outgoing. When we have visitors she turns into a brown slug.

toddbeeWhat a cute photo. I have not had cats but I have taken quite a few photos of friends cats and talk about entertaining. The little furballs are so cute

sharie

Like us on facebook

#8 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:27 PM

Thanks, Sharie. So far so good with Ellie. If I ever have any questions about her health, I'll know who to ask. :)

What does fiddle front mean?

#9 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21770 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:38 PM

Chondrodysplaysia or fiddle front cause the dog's upper foreleg to become overly
massive, short, and twisted in a shape like a fiddle. it is gentic and almost always have other health problems like deafness and blindness. There is a huge numer of pure white dogs like dobies and boxers (that are not suppose to be white, a pure white is a major fault)) that have fiddle front. This isn't albino dogs, this is just white and most the time have blue eyes. This is gentic and follows a ressive gene. This is a horrid thing that happens and can be prevented but some people see dollar signs when a pure white dog shows up in a litter of puppies, they sell these white pups as rare.

Like us on facebook

#10 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:24 PM

thanks...good to know.

we always adopt older boxers from a local rescue. our first boxer (Lizzie) was a flashy fawn female who was a mama dog on a puppy mill. such a sad story! she had health problems but was the happiest, sweetest dog on earth after she was rescued at the age of 6.5 years old. i am so glad we adopted her even though we only had her for three short years before we had to put her to sleep. the puppy mill usually shoots the older females who are no longer able to breed.

because Lizzie was so sweet, the puppy mill farmer called the rescue and we got her.

i have attached a picture of her. i miss her. :(

#11 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21770 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:11 PM

oh what a special girl. I wished there were tougher laws about puppy mills. The way they make the animals live, so many people are still unaware of the horrid conditions these dogs are made to live in.

My little sweet she devel "piper" rescued from the pound, she sees dogs and other animals on tv and she thinks it is her job to bark and chase them out and awayfrom the tv. she even tries to go behind the tv to see where the other dogs and animals went. There are though a couple of tv comercials she doesn't bark at. The humane sociaty comercials that show all the bad treated animals, the one sarah mclaughlin is on she sits in front of the tv and watches the whole comercial. I have never seen anything like it before.

Like us on facebook

#12 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:50 AM

Piper sounds like a character! You gotta love em.

I bet she knows just how lucky she is to have such a great new family!

How is she around animals that are not on TV?

#13 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:48 PM

We just had 3 arrive in the last 2 weeks.
a lady at my wifes work had some free kittens so my wife brings 2 home w/ her.
my 3 yr old named one Roastbeef. LOL it's cute. the other may be called Bounce or Snuggles because of a recent laundry accident involving my 3yr old. long story short my daughter put it in the dryer and my wife didn't know it was in there tossed some clothes in and turned it on. a Couple minutes later I heard it and got it out.. it's OK and shows now problems because of what happened.

We also just got a 9 week old toy poodle. Not a big poodle fan myself but the kids like it. so it'll stay. lol Has no name as of yet the kids and wife are still dilliberating.

I'll get some pics down the road.

#14 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21770 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:18 PM

LOL a little ankle biter, or what shall we say a "pretend dog" I have some friends that show min poodles, they are pretend dogs lol when they are being shown they can't even be a dog, it might hurt the show coat. Owners have to wrap the coat up so it doesn't get split ends and ick stuff on the show coat. Poor little guyus then have to be trained to have "MANY" hrs of grooming to get ready for a show.

Like us on facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users