• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21770 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:36 PM

Have you ever been watching a comercial, listening to a comercial or even read something where you just know something there just had to be made up?

That activia comercial I know it is a real word (I googled it) LOL but I swear they use this word to make us look and feel STUPID. How many people really know what BIFIDUS REGULAROUS is I guess it is a better sounding word on tv instead of you won't be constipated anymore!

Like us on facebook

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:40 PM

I know that word simply cause a friend of a friend had some constipation problems went to the doctor and had used that word. I'm not sure why? it was one of those conversations you walk into and listen to like what are you talking about.. figure it out then just walk off, wishing you'd never heard it to begin with . LOL

#3 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

I like my kids made up words...

He's trying to do word scrambles where you have a bunch of letters that your suppose to be able to make words out of.. one was roilige... I asked what it was he said "roygilea" asked what it ment. when you role in oil and get slippery. LMAO. :D

#4 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:13 PM

I'm not sure if this could be consider a "made-up" word but .. It just came to me recently during a chat ...

Sunday words are those wich you kept private untill sundays, and then you went to those social meetings (like to the church) and went turkey-ing around using those words that almost nobody else knew for showing your "wisdom".-

To Turkey, To be turkey-ing: ... When somebody is flaunting or bragging in front of the crowd to show what he/she is, knows or has got.

Just like a turkey-ing turkey or a peacock (aka: royal turkey in latam.)
Posted Image

Edited by jjyepez, 19 February 2010 - 09:07 PM.

#5 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:48 PM

Don't forget the Volkswagon commercial that said that all their cars had "FahrVergnügen".
It translates to driving pleasure...Hope that was not an option.....

#6 Llamalord

Llamalord

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

I get more annoyed with shortened or combined words.
Synergy. I shudder.

#7 udosero

udosero

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:09 AM

I guess normal people wouldn't know about probiotics, but I have been taking nutritional supplements for the past 18 years, and I was not at all surprised by the commercial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users