• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#81 node

node

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:30 AM

I really appreciate the rules here, especially "10 posts", because in the end realize that anyone should know the rules and whatever is here. Although I myself have back and forth copying and pasting the url address to be translated before I read it to understand it ... and I have benefited so made me learn English more ... that's all ..

#82 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21769 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:42 PM

I think you had some posts removed for post padding or just meaningless posts to meet your 10 post requirement. Posts should be meaningful if they aren't then they will be deleted. It is not that hard to write a meaningful post and 10 post are not that many. A couple of words just isn't going to get it

where my 5 post yesterday, I'm sure yesterday I have 10 post. :confused:

Like us on facebook

#83 node

node

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:01 AM

I can feel your shock over the loss of some posts that have been inserted, and it also would I feel if I experienced it ... moreover may have been impatient to be able to follow the race is in progress and may also be time for almost complete. I later realized all the rules here are for the good of all parties, the admin, the holder of the race, and of course the designer ... Rules Forum is unique, making anyone can grow with the natural .... sabar ya mas, memang begini aturannya ... :) kulo derek sedih :( ...

#84 BlueHead

BlueHead

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:33 AM

I can feel your shock over the loss of some posts that have been inserted, and it also would I feel if I experienced it ... moreover may have been impatient to be able to follow the race is in progress and may also be time for almost complete. I later realized all the rules here are for the good of all parties, the admin, the holder of the race, and of course the designer ... Rules Forum is unique, making anyone can grow with the natural .... sabar ya mas, memang begini aturannya ... :) kulo derek sedih :( ...

WHAT IT MEANS "derek sedih" :D

#85 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:42 PM

I wanted to add a simple solution for those members that don't yet understand what qualifies as a meaningful post... answer this question to yourself before you post:

Is my post interesting, important, relevant, or does it share any information or opinion on it's own?

Meaning, your post should be able to stand on it's own, without the rest of the thread before it, and still be meaningful to anyone reading it. Using a single word, like "cool", cannot stand alone. Try something more meaningful, like "I think this logo is really cool, I love the colors you chose, but think that maybe your kerning needs to be adjusted a bit"
:) Brandy

#86 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:01 PM

I'd also like to add that if you make 10 posts in a 10-15 minute time frame then you are also padding posts in my opinion.
just because you add more words to a useless post doesn't make it meaningfull. And it will be deleted!

#87 Robertzo

Robertzo

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:15 PM

I agree too with the "10 posts rule", it involves you more in the designcontest comunity

#88 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

whyshould we post at least 10 post to start submit our design?

Read the post just before u..THAT'S WHY!!

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#89 Ponz

Ponz

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:54 AM

i agree with this rule. as far as im concerned this is a community of designers, not just a place to submit as many designs as possible. ive been getting myself familiar with this place and it has been quite informative. thanks everyone!
  • like an angel likes this

#90 DDayton112

DDayton112

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:44 PM

hey, just want to let all of you at DesignContest know that:D i actually enjoyed the ten post rule. I actually learned some new web sites for inspiration, and i got to help a few people out!(Hopefully) So just wanted to say thanks and hopefully i can start helping out designing too!

#91 Jamiee

Jamiee

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:07 AM

The 10 post rule is definately good, you get to take a look at the Design Contest community :)

#92 luv4luvly

luv4luvly

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

definetly you are right, there is a lot to learn, and you can get more information while going through the posts. thanks. good luck to all designers.

#93 Harcane

Harcane

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:36 PM

Hi,

As you can tell I'm new to the forum. I'm keen to get into the contests as I'm sure the other designers are but I think the 10 posts rule is good. I have read lots of rules and regulations before making this post on the stickied threads. I urge every new designer not to abuse the system by making pointless posts as the rule is there for a reason and I know I have benefited from coming onto the forum before designing already.

Regards,

Kieran.

#94 designhood

designhood

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:53 AM

Yeah, even though this is kinda new rule for 10 posts, it is good enough for all designers to get aware of the this website. At least we must know where we are, lol.

#95 melnichele

melnichele

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:50 PM

initially i found it irritating to have to make 10 posts, but since i've started making them, i've already come across several new links to websites that will help me with my designing. thank you for creating this site, i can't wait to upload my own work for critiques!

#96 bzDD

bzDD

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:39 PM

Every contest site have different rules. We have great site from DC with 'different' rules than others.
It make it unique and to be proud of part of the DC community !!

#97 zensko

zensko

Banned

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

First at all I would like to say hello to everyone. I am new here and I carefully read this thread. As someone said before, I am not forum fan, I prefer to read posts but not so much to write them. :)
You should considered that for most of us English is not first language and that took some time to write a posts. :)

But if that is a rule, it is a good rule - maybe my English writing will improve! :)

Best regards,
Selma
(i notice that there is another Selma and i will took this opportunity to say hello to her):cool:

#98 Artive

Artive

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:08 AM

The 10 posts rule sure is a good thing. But at times, queries that are posted don't get answered. Is it true whether each thread that a person starts DOES get visited?

I had this question about how to insert an image into a post...I still have not got an answer to that. Anybody?

#99 Artive

Artive

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:10 AM

Also, is there an intimation given to the user on deletion of posts?

#100 Red Herring

Red Herring

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:58 AM

It sounds like a good idea, although I think the word "meaningless" is a little harsh? why not just call it spam?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users