A designer need to know how to draw?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#41 Vspachicoski

Vspachicoski

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

in my opinion a designer need to know how to draw, imagine that you are without your computer and you need to explain an idea for your client using a draw, if you don`t know how to draw you will not transmit a good impression for him.

#42 d2studio

d2studio

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:47 PM

I think a designer must know how to draw... What if a surgeon doesn't know the complet body's anatomy? I think this is basic, so the designer must know the basics of design.

#43 elvito

elvito

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:59 AM

I don't think drawing is essential for designers nowadays. The most important skill a designer should have I think is how to make a good concept. The rest could be done in computer.

#44 sugarholic

sugarholic

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

I certainly think it helps if you know how to draw, I feel it especially if I want to do something with the third dimension

#45 RtkLancelot

RtkLancelot

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:01 PM

drawing skills are not a must...but a person who knows to draw has and advantage, my opinion. And most important if you have a knack for design...you can make a great work even if you draw or make a logo on a pc.

#46 ardisuhardiman

ardisuhardiman

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:41 AM

the most important thing in designing something is not drawing skills....
drawing skills is just a plus.proportional,concept,composition and had STOPING POWER(power that makes someone just drop by and see your design with every good or bad reason) that was more important thing.

#47 my3dwebsite

my3dwebsite

Banned

• Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:46 PM

A few years ago I was visiting a design agency in Brazil when there was a power outage. The entire company shut down for the day. The designers I was with at the time also left.
What was strange is they were working on ideas for a logo at the time. When I suggested that they break out a pencil and paper they looked at me like they didn't have a clue what I was talking about.
And no, it wasn't the Portuguese/English problem.

#48 king2005n

king2005n

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:01 PM

Yes, right..

The imagination and the outer vision of the design its so good

#49 artbymike

artbymike

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:56 AM

A few years ago I was visiting a design agency in Brazil when there was a power outage. The entire company shut down for the day. The designers I was with at the time also left.
What was strange is they were working on ideas for a logo at the time. When I suggested that they break out a pencil and paper they looked at me like they didn't have a clue what I was talking about.
And no, it wasn't the Portuguese/English problem.

Yes, how about that! Ask today's designers to prepare a 2-page layout with a blue pencil on illustration board, and watch the looks you'll get!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users