Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Why does adobe have to be so expensive??

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 TylerM0018

TylerM0018

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

Why are adobe products so expensive??

#2 Kooia

Kooia

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:03 AM

Their products aren't really that expensive compared to some other things (such as Microsoft). Anyways, that's why I use Inkscape (on Linux)

#3 smyth

smyth

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

:)) nice question. Kooia is right, they're not necessary expensive. If you think about it, their products are high end, top notch softwares for design/advertise industries. That means that many people and companies make a lot of money out of them , enough money so they can afford to buy them. Adobe is very expensive if you're poor and you're not making enough (or at all) money out of it (you want it just for leisure, hobby, you're at the beginning of design career , etc.). Fortunately there are alternatives, cheaper software, free software and even ... the bad one ... .
Anyway, don't think they're expensive, think you must grow your earnings. (and when you'll succeed please buy me the whole suit!)

#4 Renovatio2011

Renovatio2011

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:34 AM

Would you mind buying one for me also... lol! lol! :) :)

:)) nice question. Kooia is right, they're not necessary expensive. If you think about it, their products are high end, top notch softwares for design/advertise industries. That means that many people and companies make a lot of money out of them , enough money so they can afford to buy them. Adobe is very expensive if you're poor and you're not making enough (or at all) money out of it (you want it just for leisure, hobby, you're at the beginning of design career , etc.). Fortunately there are alternatives, cheaper software, free software and even ... the bad one ... .
Anyway, don't think they're expensive, think you must grow your earnings. (and when you'll succeed please buy me the whole suit!)

#5 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:05 AM

You should see the list of programmers they have to pay to write the codes to build the software. Just start off with the student package which is the cheapest with all the functions but cost less than the standard package, cause most students are poor. But the best thing with it is that you can upgrade it to a new one when they release a new Adobe suit to a non student full version. And upgrade packages are much cheaper than the standard package.

#6 lucy520

lucy520

Banned

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

think you must grow your earnings..Posted Image

#7 Dskwkrs

Dskwkrs

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 335 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

The reason that software like Adobe are so expensive is...
1) Overhead
2) Piracy
3) Priacy

Due to the fact that some people do not ever pay for anything that can be downloaded from the internet is the main reason the software cost so much... besides the overhead to innovate the application in the first place.

#8 marlonaire

marlonaire

• Designer
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:13 AM

yeah, adobe deserves their pricing.

#9 Dskwkrs

Dskwkrs

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 335 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:38 AM

They do have free version clone programs like GIMP which you can DL from the net, handy if you away form your computer and in someone else who dont have adobe. I have heard they have a vector program too but I never had a reason to search for that for GIMP is like PS and you can make virtual vectors for templates until you get to sit at your own desk. Thats if the design would need tweeking which for most part no other than replacing some fonts.

Happy Hunting and Good Luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users