&nsbp;

#61 ozie

ozie

Banned

• Banned
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

I always sketch on paper.
And then I streamline all this allows me to impress my sensations, inspiration or other

#62 HaHDesigns

HaHDesigns

• Designer
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

I think about what direction I might take, then do some research. Sometimes I sketch, sometimes I don't, it just depends on what type of design and the complexity of it.

#63 sankaridewari

sankaridewari

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

Always sketch first then computer

#64 JJ181

JJ181

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

I think the common mistake is to just go straight to the computer. It means your ideas will be very rigid in comparison to someone who has taken the time to consider, sketch and get the creative brain going, and in turn generate more ideas. More often than not, your best ideas are the ideas later on in the thought process!

My lecturer at uni had a rule that you should do AT LEAST 50 doodles before taking one of them as an idea and running with it. That way you eliminate all the clichés and obvious ideas. (:

#65 syojithu2

syojithu2

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

first please read the requirement about you design carefully...

#66 syojithu2

syojithu2

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Thinking is the best way to create a concept idea about logo

#67 GageClawson

GageClawson

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Research > basic sketches > detailed sketches of favoured ideas > experimentation with colour and different methods of displaying ideas > computer. This is the process that I got accustomed to during college, if time is an issue I tend to simplify this process.

#68 AvramB

AvramB

• Designer
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

When we talk about designing from idea to final product, in some case i do a sketch, but not so often. I prefer direct drawing in program.
I use one small trick when i decide is work enough good or not.
When I finished with work (logo or some other thing) I pull it in side for few hours for some kind of "art cooldown" :D.
Afther few houres i take a look again on work...first impression at first second is very important.
If first impression is good work is worthy , if firts impression is indifferent ...trow out your current work and begin again from the start.
Always exchange views with some relevant pearson (other designer or person with good aesthetic taste).
Be objective and critic to yourself...it is a way to become a better designer.

#69 zanito

zanito

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

Sketch before computer helps a lot. Normally when i go directly to my computer, i always get stocked with so many ideas so i normally sketch it first before rendering to the pc. nice and helpful thread anyway. thanks guys.

#70 notsu100

notsu100

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Scenario depends totally on project. Sometimes I just have a very good idea in my mind right at the moment when client says what he or she wants. Then there is no need for sketches on paper. But usually I need to think, think, think, think. Then sketches on paper and after that to computer. All the details and colors are coming during the process on computer.

#71 Djof

Djof

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Think, think, think is the key

#72 JayD505

JayD505

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

I usually do is interview the client about what kind of concept they need for their logo. I write it down to the paper. Then imagine what kind of concept they'd told me. Now sometime I'll do sketching, sometime direct to the computer.

When it comes to the contest I read carefully the brief given then search some idea then I'll do it directly to the computer. But it is hard to win into the contest. :(

#73 fingerbuzz

fingerbuzz

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

I always start with old fashioned sketch, then font selection.

#74 rajagee

rajagee

• Designer
  • 225 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

i have make the logo through coreldraw, but not won contest i think sketch on paper is best 1st

#75 bravokeyl

bravokeyl

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

first i put work on the paper ...and then on software...

#76 Bloom

Bloom

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

I do my thinking on paper - so I usually sketch up ideas before implementing them.

#77 pandor

pandor

• Designer
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

I prefer to proceed first sketch on paper and then correctly vector form ... but it's individual for each logo

#78 first

first

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

I always do some sketches, then I choose in my opinion the most successful and I do the chosen variant on the computer

#79 bhaiti

bhaiti

Banned

• Banned
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

what do you do when designing a logo?
Make a sketch on paper or directly made on the computer.

Hi

First of all i go to the kitchen and collect a bottle of water, then play some classical songs..... slowly when the rhythms come up, I start sketching until i get the required end and then finally I bring that to Illustrator...........:cool:

#80 3187mohit

3187mohit

• Designer
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

I always start on vector software, but m going to use a lot of paper/ software with a canvas after reading above posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users