• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 sanjeebsks204

sanjeebsks204

• Designer
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:35 PM

Hi all,

I was working the other day on this 'NextPoint Networking' logo for self purpose.. and felt like seeking feedback from all you guys to help myself get it done in a better way perhaps.

Thanks everyone.. :)

sanjeeb

Attached Files

#2 rif56

rif56

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:06 PM

Clean look. Good color combination. How will it work on a neutral background?

#3 sanjeebsks204

sanjeebsks204

• Designer
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

thanks rif56 for the remarks.. but I am into logo designing only after i entered DC so can you plz describe what it means by a neutral background.... ??

#4 rif56

rif56

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

Sorry to be so vague, but what I think your client would want to see the logo excluding the Purple background and replaced with white or a grey, or any light color. This will show your client the flexibility of your design.
Hope this makes sense. It is a very attractive logo.
Best regards—rif56

#5 sanjeebsks204

sanjeebsks204

• Designer
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:52 AM

Thanks rif56. I got it completely now. I will work on this aspect and will soon post the revision.

regards.. sanjeeb

#6 cclark413

cclark413

• Designer
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

I like the colors.

The icon itself seems a tad busy, and the connecting lines are extremely thin. This may not transfer well into all types of media, probably even web when scaled down enough.

I like the font, but I think networking should be smaller in width than next point - maybe even decreasing the letter spacing.

Back to the icon, I guess I just don't get it. There are an aweful lot of focal points. Moribira has a good article on this. You should have no more than two-three key items of interest in your logo if at all possible.
  • sanjeebsks204 likes this

#7 sanjeebsks204

sanjeebsks204

• Designer
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:46 AM

Thank you very much cclark413 for your remarks. I am really getting to know a lot of new things about designing logos every time I am logging in here. I guess this logo needs a good more modifications.. Hope to get it done to the perfect point...

Regards

Sanjeeb

#8 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:58 AM

networking font seems not matched to me...sorry

#9 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

The font for the words next and point seem to be different. The word point looks like it's more bolder then next. And I would suggest making the font for the word "Networking" the same as "NextPoint" and also making the words networking the same width as the nextpoint. But other then that everything else looks good.

#10 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

It definitely reads as "networking", however, I'm not seeing it as a cohesive logo. All of the items are a little too open/spread out...it feels more like a graphic with the business name stuck underneath it. I'd try and work the graphic with the type - so it feels like a single, unified mark. (tightening the kern might help a bit, too)

I also agree about the lines being much too thin and overall too busy. I'd thicken up the lines and then remove a couple of the dots/points. (maybe even have the yellow dot replacing the "O" in "point") Then maybe adjust the angle to make it feel a little more dynamic - all while pulling everything in closer together. Just my thoughts - the palette is nice and the fonts could work.

#11 FullHeads

FullHeads

• Designer
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

look niuce , but lines conecting dots will disapear on smaller scale, maybe try using dotted line and make it bolder

#12 DMahannah

DMahannah

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:28 AM

Hey there Sanjeebsks204!

First off, I can totally relate with you on the whole "new to logo design" thing. I'm pretty new to it and this community as well. So from one newbie to another, welcome!

I think your design is definitely a good start. I definitely get the "networking" vibe from the graphic, but it does feel a bit detached. I like Jecrt's idea of replacing the "o" in "point" with the yellow dot. I think if you did that, using just a couple purple dots would still sell the "networking" effect while pulling everything together and keeping it simple. If you went that direction though, you might replace the "point" font with something the same weight as "next," and thus let the yellow dot stand out a bit more.

Not expert advice by any means. In fact, it's mostly just reiteration of others, but I hope it still helped. :p

#13 ymuas87

ymuas87

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

from first glance, these are my notice:

- have you tried a version with "networking" to be the same width as "next point"
- have you tried a version without so many circles, but instead just have those 3 middle circles connected by a line like how you have now.
- the connecting line works in this size but as you make it smaller, you lose it and all you will see is small dot.
- you can also try a version with a circle/dot in the "o" in "point" and have that connect to the rest of the circles/dots
- and yes, i'd have to agree with the respond before me - the design does feel a bit detached from the type
- I'd say also, keep it simple. Less dot (3-4)

Hope that'll help.

#14 ambush

ambush

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Very Nice. I wonder how it would look if "point" was purple and the kerning on "networking" matched the width of "next point." Great job.

#15 dlbonanno64

dlbonanno64

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Like the color and concept. There was a suggestion to change the background...earth tone. Maybe change the font and size of "networking". I like Dekar. Great work overall.

#16 sanjeebsks204

sanjeebsks204

• Designer
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Thank you all very much for your valuable feedback and suggestions and guidance. :) I had left it halfway done but would be going back to it soon and all your remarks will be very much helpful in completing it.

Sanjeeb

#17 JPMGraphical

JPMGraphical

• Designer
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

Really quite a good logo. There is no accounting for taste. This is a frustrating medium. But I think you did pretty well. don't know where your improvement would be.

#18 sanjeebsks204

sanjeebsks204

• Designer
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Thank you JPMGraphical.. :)

#19 MagicCat

MagicCat

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

Hi, Yes I work in print, but it depends what this logos end use is, but connecting lines are def too thin, in print (newspaper) would have to be min of 0.4 point to show up.
MagicCat

#20 operhal

operhal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 754 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

Something is wrong with networking text proportion - It should be same width as next point :) that's my opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users