• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 iTwin

iTwin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 12:50 AM

For this project we had to create a product for any famous person. Our teacher gave us a worksheet as a madlib and it was like..

_______ the famous _______ walks into your company and asks you to design a logo for his new company for _________.
I chose Spongebob Square Pants, the famous cartoon, wants to start a tuna company.

We had to make a webpage layout, 3 ads for a magazine, logo, business card. Heres what i have so far for my webpage layout. Post Comments please.

Posted Image

#2 Nrak

Nrak

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:18 AM

Menu buttons look perfect, I wouldn't change anything there. The logo section is alright, but try putting the text element below SpongeBob, maybe right under his face, and expand it a little. The red circle behind Bob could do with a little outline action as well, seeing as most of the other elements also has outlines.

Not sure if I can comment on the entire layout though, try putting some content first, and we'll see how it goes.

#3 Blake

Blake

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:38 AM

Maybe Sponge Bob and it's shadow look better enclosed in the red circle (but leaving "Spongebob Tuna" where it is). An outline for the red circle would be nice, as Nrak also said. I recommend you not to use the squared pattern for both gray and yellow backgrounds. It looks nice in the gray background, I'm not sure if I would leave it in the yellow one. The menu looks very nice. One last thing (just details), try to make the line surrounding the backgrounds black OR gray, not half and half, I believe a dark gray should look good.

Hope that helps.

#4 Jaba

Jaba

• Designer
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:16 PM

lol .. spongebob tuna ! That's a very bright cheerfull start iTwin. I like it a lot. It's a bit sqaure though. Spongebob would probably want a more playfull layout don't you think?

#5 Darkmonkey

Darkmonkey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 06:36 PM

Thats some great work iTwin! Everything works really well, except for the text above Bob, I think. But Everything else fits in, and the colour scheme looks great.

Good start.
...they're watching you...
Darkmonkey Designs

#6 firefly

firefly

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:20 PM

I like the site overall, but everything seems to have a depth to it besides the red circle behind spongebob. It looks flat. I love the background grid look though!

#7 the architect

the architect

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 09:39 PM

Nice choice of a mascot to base your mock company around. It's worth a laugh or two. Overall the site looks good. The colors are a bit garish, but thats my opinion. It just makes me think about ketchup and mustard. Mind you it does go well with spongebob. Is there anyway you can add some more depth to the rest of the site. Maybe some shadow behind panels or buttons. best of luck on your project.

#8 shawngearhart

shawngearhart

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 05:06 AM

Great start! I would suggest putting the "Spongebob Tuna" text in the yellow area starting where his hand is (maybe even put it on a tray?)

#9 X3Design

X3Design

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 11:41 PM

I think your off to a wonderful start. But I'd looks the yellow background... never been a fan of it-- it hurts my eyes to look at it. Also I agree with what alot of other people said as far as dropping SB down a bit. In my head SB wouldn't want to have straight lines anywhere... so maybe just varying the lines abit with a wavy or some other wacky thing like that.

Z

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users