Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Can any body tell me the deference betwwen...?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Guest_mevector_*

Guest_mevector_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

Dear all Designers

Can any body tell me the real deference between the adobe illustrator & coreldraw.

Thanks

mevector

#2 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

That is an absolutely subjective question ...
Some will say CorelDraw is better ...
Some will say Illustrator is better ...

I use CorelGraphicsSuite.

I respect "AdobeIllustrator" designers.

I believe it's up to you wich suite to expertise ... the suite is half the keys; skills and talent is the other half

Regards,
--
jjy

Edited by jjyepez, 20 July 2012 - 05:53 AM.

#3 uyoxsoul

uyoxsoul

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

Illustrator developed by Adobe and Coreldraw by corel, hahah :D

but I think both is equal, the matter just on designer creativity ;)

#4 DexMind176

DexMind176

Banned

• Banned
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:44 AM

Illustrator developed by Adobe and Coreldraw by corel, hahah :D

but I think both is equal, the matter just on designer creativity ;)

CorelDraw is not bad.... but in matters of file size.... (While Saving for prePress PDF) it's really anoying

#5 TCMdesign

TCMdesign

• Designer
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:29 AM

I worked at printing service company, I ever use CorelDraw, but now I use Adobe.
I think more people use Adobe than CorelDraw. Many people are my company customers usually bring their artworks which create from Adobe. So I must learn how to use Adobe.

#6 sunface

sunface

• Designer
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

Corel Draw Is better then Adobe Illustrator in my opinion and here 10 reasons
Reason 1: Corel Draw is less expensive then Adobe Illustrator.
Reason 2: Most if not all screen printers and sign makers use Corel Draw. Its pretty much the standard if your going to go into t shirt printing.
Reason 3: Its just simple to use compared to illustrator. Meaning you can do one command that takes 3 or 2 commands with Adobe Illustrator.
Reason 4: If you do Embroidery then you know that Corel Draw is the standard.
Reason 5: The Corel Suite includes Corel Paint which is in my opinion is toe to toe with Photoshop. The best part is the program works seamlessly with Corel Draw. You get two programs for the price of one.
Reason 6: If your using Illustrator you still will need to get Photoshop which is another 400 to 600 dollars on top of the Illustrator program.
Reason 7: The upgrades for Corel Draw are very reasonable compared to Adobe Illustrator.
Reason 8: Color separations are a snap. Just make sure you have a printer that has a rip software installed to do color separations. A rip software allows a designer to separate the design into cmyk when you go to print on your epson printer.
Reason 9: Adobe Illustrator auto trace really sucks. I have tried the auto trace option and it does a really bad job of vectorizing a bitmap drawing.
Reason 10 Corel Draw comes with many clip art pictures as well as photos that you can use for your projects. Illustrator comes with little or no clip art. Correct me but last I check it does not come with clip art.

#7 reni81

reni81

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

I agree with jjyepez,this is an subjective question.
I haven't used corel draw actively but in my experience the only real differences are in how you work.With both can create the same vector files.However, corel draw is used predominantly in the sign industry....

#8 RamalhoDesign

RamalhoDesign

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

I think is pretty much like InDesign versus QuarkX, but I like Adobe more...hehe
But with Illustrator you can work on PC or Mac, but Corel is PC only.

#9 Alexys

Alexys

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

I use Corel Draw, but that’s not a personal choice, it’s what I had when I first got in touch with computer graphics. Obviously, I learned about Illustrator being an industry standard and its compatibility with so many other Adobe products.
Therefor I looked around here to get an idea about this (hopefully from people who knows very well both programs) and saw a lot of threads “Corel vs. Adobe”.
After so many “Corel rules” or “Adobe is the best” (my quotes may be slightly inaccurate), thank you sunface for a straight and detailed answer. If I could get a similar answer from somebody who rather works with Adobe, I can make a final decision if it’s time to start learning Adobe programs. I’m still searching…

#10 valmoser

valmoser

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

mac users go with Adobe.

#11 vfdez

vfdez

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

They have similar capabilities, but they are standards in different industries.

Ad agencies and design studios tend to use Illustrator. A lot of manufacturing industries use Draw. It gets bundled with a lot of engraving, cutting, embroidery equipment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users