• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

With the rise of the HTML5 (OpenVideo standards) and the "apple" fever ... will AdobeFlash soon be obsolete in the near future?

My believe is YES ... sooner than we may think. So, lets move on to HTML5 and jQuery, javascript .. even objective C ;) ..

What do you think?

Regards,
--
jjy

Edited by jjyepez, 16 July 2012 - 11:00 AM.

• Guests

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

Absolutely, Flash for web is dying out. Even Adobe understands that and they are not planning to develop the Flash player further. But, Flash remains an excellent animation toon and it is still heavily used for short animated films, ads and games - you can now export sprite sheets to most popular formats, and they can be used even with Cocos2d for iOS game development.

#3 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

Absolutely, Flash for web is dying out. Even Adobe understands that and they are not planning to develop the Flash player further. But, Flash remains an excellent animation toon and it is still heavily used for short animated films, ads and games - you can now export sprite sheets to most popular formats, and they can be used even with Cocos2d for iOS game development.

Yes, Adobe Flash probably will step aside and remain as an authoring GUI and animation tool .. and, perhaps for exclusively genereting sprites sheets that will be rendered as animations by HTML5 native engines ...

NOTE: I became in love with Flash ... and many flash websites and guis still amaze me nowadays .... I did many AS experiments an those were amazing moments but ..... the time is about to come for the bubble to pop :) and HTML5+javascript are coming FURIOUSLY! hehe

Cheers!
--
jjy

Edited by jjyepez, 20 July 2012 - 05:02 AM.

#4 einstine

einstine

Banned

• Banned
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

Yeah, that's why i'm trying to learn more this jquery and html5 as of now for my future use. I agree flash is still good for animation but i hope they will make flash as wyswyg software to make animation more easy and fast. :-)

#5 JvZ

JvZ

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hmm .. . with that .. . 2D animation would nearly be obsolete too ... .

#6 zounds

zounds

• Designer
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

Completely agree

#7 Borisov

Borisov

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

I just have been enthused studying "Adobe Flash", when it was old. I do not believe "Adobe" to surrender and let the program die.

#8 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

Check out this amazing article/infograph about HTML5 and flash!
http://www.designcon...html#post163784

Regards,
--
jjy

#9 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

WOW!
Look what Google has done by using HTML5 features!
Google Ramayana

Cheers,
--
jjy

#10 sonicchronic420

sonicchronic420

• Designer
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Did you know that adobe flash was removed in Nexus 7 tablet? I wonder why?

#11 BIZKIT

BIZKIT

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

I think YES..

#12 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

Did you know that adobe flash was removed in Nexus 7 tablet? I wonder why?

Yep, well it is NOT installed by default actually.
But you can still install it manually.

However ... that is a sign of what this thread is all about ... isn't it?
Check this out: http://siliconangle....4-1-jelly-bean/

Excerpt:

“[W]ith Android 4.1 this is no longer going to be the case, as we have not continued developing and testing Flash Player for this new version of Android and its available browser options,” according to Adobe’s blog post. “There will be no certified implementations of Flash Player for Android 4.1.”

It looks like the late Steve Jobs’ prediction that Flash Player won’t last for mobile is coming true.

Rgrds,
--
jjy

Edited by jjyepez, 24 August 2012 - 06:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users