Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

DC corporate identity for print

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:49 AM

Description: As you know DC has a an icon forming the letters D and C and it is often used with different fonts for the name DesignContest.net In this contest we are going to try to work out complete corporate identity package for DC community that will define the style of all documents used in offline corresponcence between DC, potential clients and community contest sponsors.

We imagine the following items to be included into the package: 1. Business card 2.Letterhead 3.Envlope

Requirements:It is an identity package, so it has to define a distinguished style to represent our community of talented designers.

You have to build the design around the current logo icon.

Colors: We don't want to limit your creativity, we leave the choice to you. However the number of colors used shouldn't be too big. I don't really see fancy gradients in these designs. The color of the current logo can be changed too. We would like to see the letterhead and envelope print well in greyscale.

Deadline: April 12, 2006

Prize: DC t-shirt with worldwide delivery.

Notes: The winner of the contest will be mentioned on the "contributors" page (coming soon)

Files: http://www.designcon...ncontestlogo.ai or http://www.designcon...contestlogo.eps

#2 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:42 AM

Hey this sounds great!..... Could you post a Vector version of the logo (please export it to something compatible with Illustrator CS or just a psd).....

Thanks in Advance!
Nate
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

#3 lordrott

lordrott

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:18 AM

or with an illustrator 8 format, so anybody can use it (not all of us has cs :( )
silence is everything

• Guests

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:07 AM

.eps file uploaded

#5 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:13 PM

Alright thanks! I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: On other thing ...should we just focus on designing this in Greyscale ...or would you just like a color version ....so it can go ethier way??

• Guests

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:07 PM

you can, but we'd prefer a color version that could easily be transferred to greyscale :)

#7 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:15 PM

Alright, I just want it to be easy for you... I am working on my first version..........

#8 guetizo

guetizo

Guru

• Designer
  • 1867 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:01 AM

Hi,

Let start this contest rolling... after all we're talking and competing for a DC tee. :D
Here my try and contribution as a Design Member.

At the moment don't now what the info to put on to the cards so, I went with the owner info. :D (Yeah... I know it's not his personal business card...) :p

Stationary for Designcontest.net - click here!

Feedback is appreciated.
thanks
guetizo origin~all portfolio | guetizo's logo~blog (showing new logos!)

#9 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:15 AM

Alright here is my first run.... I can make color variations if you would like .... Tell me what you think ....
Corporate ID pack (:D thats what I like to call it).

#10 MIHAI1984

MIHAI1984

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 06:31 AM

Both entries are amazing. Hope that mine will be nearly as good

#11 i_travin

i_travin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:01 AM

here goes my first contribution in this forum...

http://free.hostdepa...um-identity.jpg
i tried to strike a chord between keeping it simple at the same time not very plain, hope its shaped up so...
btw its a new website and a free one at tht so there is a small chance of some hassles in reaching the link :p , prayin everythin works fine !

regards
maneesh

#12 i_travin

i_travin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:02 AM

oops jus as i thought..there is a problem with the link...hope to fix it soon...sorry for the trouble

#13 i_travin

i_travin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:10 AM

alright..m back..hope this works this time aroun!
community contest -dc identity pack

#14 Design Jockey

Design Jockey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:45 AM

Hey guys,
This is my version of the logo and the stationary. I wanted to make the logo more fun and dynamic and warm and friendly. Because thats what DC is all about :)

My DC Logo

My DC Letterhead

My DC Envelope

My DC Business Card

My DC Stationary

hope you guys like it :)

#15 Julius

Julius

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:38 PM

Corporate ID

Let me know what you think, I can quickly and easily make modifications.

#16 i_travin

i_travin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:01 AM

hey cool work guys...
@ritesh (designjock!) - i liked the way the name tilts n also the the way u ve placed the watermark...though the contact card is a bit small here n found it hard to make out wats written in first glance, it looks smart and innovative in a wayl..

@julius -really love ur designs n colours...guess it really throws the idea of this forum being a designers abode rite on the face...at least thts how it seemed to me.
felt that mayb you could change the shade of the logo (the d n c) i mean, both the curves of each letter - are of the same colour, thought mayb havin diff shades for them mite b good...not really a big thing though...once again really liked it..given me new ideas to think on!
:)

#17 Julius

Julius

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:55 PM

hey cool work guys...
@julius -really love ur designs n colours...guess it really throws the idea of this forum being a designers abode rite on the face...at least thts how it seemed to me.
felt that mayb you could change the shade of the logo (the d n c) i mean, both the curves of each letter - are of the same colour, thought mayb havin diff shades for them mite b good...not really a big thing though...once again really liked it..given me new ideas to think on!
:)

Sure thing, i'll come up with some variations in a few hours. Thank you for your valued input sir.

#18 Julius

Julius

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:47 PM

Corporate ID (Update)

I've changed the shades of the logo here.

#19 Design Jockey

Design Jockey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for the feedback i_travin. Here I have uploaded all the files seperately for better viewing :)

My DC Logo

My DC Letterhead

My DC Envelope

My DC Business Card

My DC Stationary

hope you guys see it better now :)

#20 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:54 PM

Who is the moderator of this contest? lol (??i_travin??) if you are not the mod and if you are just giving your own personal opinion on those works, I don't really care :p I'm just wondering :D No offence intended ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users