Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

DC corporate identity for print

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:13 PM

moderators of this contest are admins and mods of DC. but since it is a community contest, all members are allowed to comment on others' entries

#22 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:33 PM

moderators of this contest are admins and mods of DC. but since it is a community contest, all members are allowed to comment on others' entries

Thats cool, I was just wondering :)
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

#23 Max

Max

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:16 AM

My first idea :)

Identity_v1
Identity_v2

#24 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:26 AM

Nice Max ...very nice I really like those.... well I made some color revisions...don't know if it will matter though as long as your print it B&W but i changed a few little things as well....

Let me know if you like or not :D

Thanks in Advance!

1st color Revision

2nd color Revision

3rd color Revision

#25 i_travin

i_travin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:18 PM

i jus gav my opinion on wat i saw, i mean everyone asked what we think about their work,
me and moderate :-O the pigs will fly!! lol, but what made u wonder this??

• Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:37 PM

sorry, we haven't been very active with the comments. We'll try to post more. Right now Max has done the best job. Looking for more entries from you, guys!

#27 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:07 PM

should I work on a new concept? or make revisions based on what I have now?

i jus gav my opinion on wat i saw, i mean everyone asked what we think about their work,
me and moderate :-O the pigs will fly!! lol, but what made u wonder this??

LOL nah, man don't worry about it :p It was just the mods/admins were not writing in and then you were so I was just wondering .... I don't mind if anyone gives there opinion .... feel free lol I was just wondering.... ;)

#28 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:57 PM

Hey guys, just posting my thoughts on the current designs:

guetizo - I like the feel of the design (most of all its dynamic nature), but it is a bit simplistic (especially the letterhead design). Perhaps the use of something other than the logo would spice it up a bit. Give it a shot ;)

Uniment1 - I think your current concept looks a bit too traditional and static (specifically, I'm referring to: the placement of the underline, the horizontal nature of the elements, and the use of a traditional serif font). Also, I'm not against the watermark you've created, however the use of it along with the regular DC graphic seems a bit redundant when you see them on one page (and even more so when placed twice on the same page; as in your first design). For the business card, I can really see this watermark looking great if it's centered with www.designcontest.com below it (as the back of the card), maybe try that out and post it so we can see how it looks (along with the other revisions). Thanks!

i_travin - The design elements you've used are a bit astray from DC's current image. I would suggest staying away from any sort of Photoshop effects all together and working with shapes and colors mostly. Speaking of colors, again we really wanted to move away from the type of color scheme you've presented when we updated the look of the website. Lets see some really bold, but well chosen (i.e. don't go overboard), colors being used in stead of the "earthy" ones. Looking forward to an update.

**One more thing - i_travin - The letters you chose to highlight in designcontest.com give the implication that C.net is some special acronym for DC (and it's not), so I think it would be a good idea if the web address stayed 'ALL CAPS', 'D' and 'C' Caps, or 'no caps', and just try to watch for such implications when highlighting individual letters.

Design_Jockey - Again, a design that isn't bad at all, but is quite simplistic. I know that simple can be a style, but I'm referring to more of a lacking, the designs inspire a feeling of something missing. I am also not quite sure that the particular angle you chose will be recognized as dynamic by everyone, it almost seems more unstable and unbalanced than anything else (might I suggest a 45* angle instead?).

** Everyone - Remember, we may need to put addresses on all of this stuff so please include those as well (I know we operate on the web, but when we send someone some mail we will need to have a return address, so please at least indicate where the address would go in your entries).

Julius - Not bad at all. Could you please add some reflections to the DC logo graphics on the front of the envelope and the front of the business card. Also, please could you make the text "DESIGNCONTEST.NET" on the envelope a bit more interesting, for example: by making it light-dark-light as you did for the business card.

**Everyone - If I'm not mistaken, we've not yet decided on what type of envelope we will be using, so please don't base your designs fully around the ones with the plastic address containers, and if you have ones that are based around that feature, then please also provide a design that uses a regular blank envelope. Thanks guys.

Max - Awesome stuff. You've really hit the nail on the head with those stripes, though I like the first blue-orange design more than the other one. Could you please center 'the way to design' on the web-address and then left-justify the mailing addresses on the business card and letterhead to 'the way to design'. I ask this because, as is, the three lines all lined up on the left look kind of plain, so staggering the last two may give a more dynamic look. Also, could you please play around with the back of the business card some more, the current color combo of orange and dark blue kind of blend into each other and are just begging for some white or something. Thanks Max.

Lastly, thank you to everyone who decides to participate, whether it's creating entries or giving opinions, we really appreciate it!

#29 i_travin

i_travin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:07 PM

point taken my lord :p :D

i ll try n make amends, since i hadn't done something like this before i had no idea how to go about with it, ur suggestions sure giv me a direction alongwith the nice works everyone else has done..
hopefully i ll come up with something good
thanks once again :)

#30 oxygen

oxygen

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:03 PM

Hello!
Here is my entry:

DC Stationary

Thanks

• Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:06 PM

Hello!
Here is my entry:

DC Stationary

Thanks

now we have some competition ;) Thanks for the entry, Oxygen!

#32 oxygen

oxygen

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:11 PM

Hey resurepus!
For some reason the color combination (blue-orange-green) reminds me something of the very first dc.net website (not so sure about it). Dont know .. it is just in the back of my head! :confused:

Could you remind me the website colors used back in 2003?

Thanks

• Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:15 PM

Hey resurepus!
For some reason the color combination (blue-orange-green) reminds me something of the very first dc.net website (not so sure about it). Dont know .. it is just in the back of my head! :confused:

Could you remind me the website colors used back in 2003?

Thanks

are you talking about this version? http://web.archive.o...forum/index.php

#34 oxygen

oxygen

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:50 PM

No ... it isnt that ... its very weird when it happens to me ... Anyway it will come to my mind :p

#35 Max

Max

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 262 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:08 PM

Here is a revision based on your comments. Thank you.

Identity_v3

#36 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:50 AM

oxygen - Wowzers. That's some set you have there. Looks very good, no suggestions (at least none that I can think of right away).

Max - The change looks great, but there's still something about the back of that card. Could you please try some other concepts for just that. Everything else looks awsome!

Everyone else, keep em comin :)

#37 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:53 AM

Revisions as requested.....
Tell me if you like it.

Letterhead V_1

Letterhead V_2

Thanks in Advance :)

#38 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:55 AM

Uniment1 - Lookin cool and sleek, they have a very sharp feel. Just two suggestions though:

(1) The circles on the red/grey design definitely break up the space, but lack flow with the rest of the design (I really don't know why that is, maybe because circles look slow and your design looks fast). In any case, I think it wouldn't hurt to replace them with something else.

(2) The text seems a bit "thrown in" for both pieces, could you also play around with different layouts on these current design backgrounds, perhaps moving things a bit away from the border and grouping them. As is, the layouts seem to disassociate each text element, which makes them apear "on their own" on the page.

Anyway, the overall concepts are lookin good, just needs a bit more attention to some of the smaller details. ;)
---
Thanks for your revisions guys, I know it takes time to do them, sometimes a good chunk of it, but it's great to see that, regardless, there is continuous involvement.

#39 i_travin

i_travin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:12 PM

heres my revised work,
identity package revised
based on alex's comments n advice i hav tried to make the required changes or rather i hav followed a different style.
the colours i guess r still not bold enuf, i dunno...i hope i have improved a bit if nothing else compared to the last entry!

:D

#40 dac

dac

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:57 PM

Hello,
here is my first try

DC identity #1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users