Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

i'm having computer problems, can anyone help please...

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 thenameisjolo

thenameisjolo

• Designer
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:53 PM

i usually use photobucket to upload images, from a couple of days ago i've not been able to get on. i get that "could not locate remote server" message. i didn't think much of it and used imageshack instead.

yesterday a couple of sites i normally go to gave me the same problems, today it's ALL the sites except this one........for the time being.

i've done a virus check (nod32) and ran ad-aware se personal and nothing came up.

i can't get on google or yahoo etc.. to do a search and at the moment this is the only site that seems to be working for me, does anyone have any ideas??

#2 thenameisjolo

thenameisjolo

• Designer
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:56 PM

...oh and i'm using opera, but i have both firefox and ie installed. i've checked with both of those browsers and still no joy.

could this be a problem with my service provider or does it sound like a virus??

#3 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 05:45 PM

The ISP usually isn't able to block out only certain packets from your system because they have little to no information on the web addresses their customers visit.

#4 thenameisjolo

thenameisjolo

• Designer
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:37 AM

I've logged on this morning and everything is back to normal, so I don't know what all that was about. I phoned my service provider and they couldn't really give me any help. They did say they had been having a lot of trouble cos people have been stealing phone cables but didn't think that would cause the problems I was having.

oh well touch wood, it's all working again....

thanks for the response redrum

#5 sangit

sangit

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:58 AM

i also had the same problem for imageshack.us. I could log on to the site, could even see the contest entries hostd by it. But it got fixed itself. dont know what the problem was
:D :cool: :mad: ;) eight8

#6 eccent

eccent

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:50 PM

i've had this problem for a couple of times now. every time it resolved itself after i disconnected and reconnected the cable modem and the router.

#7 jhewit22

jhewit22

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:04 PM

hey peeps, here's my suggestion...maybe try clearning your cookies and cache and seeing if that will help you to access the websites again...
www.creativehotlist.com/jhewitt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users