Sometimes we go over creative and get rejected. That is so sad. :(
Attached File  LOGO1-01.jpg   19.74KB   96 downloads
  • johnmichaeldesigns and wisnuprojo like this

#2 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

Nice idea! On the bright side, rejected work can be used again in the future if the opportunity arises.

I really like the symbol, especially the bottom part of the glass where it is shaped like an upper lip. And the glass thinness/thickness matches the type pretty well.
The only thing that I might look to change is the red part. I know it's supposed to be red wine, but the first thing I thought of is "this person is sick" :o A red nose is usually an indication of having stuffy/blocked sinuses, or maybe even inflammation. Try with white wine?? See how that looks. Or I could just be over-thinking it :)

Great work either way

#3 finestroke

finestroke

• Designer
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

Thanks men..

#4 Glen

Glen

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

Wow, that's really nice. :)

I do agree with HappyGD about the red nose thing though.

However, well done!

#5 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

red nose/human red nose looks like the person has a cold and can not smell.

On another note, you are not to post entries from open contests, sorry

Like us on facebook

#6 Routh

Routh

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 705 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

thats one awesome design but not everyones opinion is the same...if i was the ch this would probably be my highest rated design.

#7 finestroke

finestroke

• Designer
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

red nose/human red nose looks like the person has a cold and can not smell.

On another note, you are not to post entries from open contests, sorry

Thanks for the note sharie. This will the first and last. Your critique is appreciated. More power!

#8 finestroke

finestroke

• Designer
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

thats one awesome design but not everyones opinion is the same...if i was the ch this would probably be my highest rated design.

True that! The power really is on the CH. But rejection is really depressing. But Im over it, lets move on.. I will just work hard for the next opportunity. Thanks for the comment Routh! Goodluck to your designs! Cheers!

#9 Routh

Routh

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 705 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

Attached File  JOP.png   12.42KB   165 downloads
what do you people think about this.??
  • johnmichaeldesigns likes this

#10 Glen

Glen

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

Well, Routh... um.... since you asked... I have to say that I don't like it.

I scribbled down the exact same idea on a bit of paper when I first saw this contest and thought better of it when I looked at my result. Seeing your version confirms to me that I was right... It looks too childish and to me it is messy. I have seen your work in other contests and have been really impressed, so when I saw this, I was quite surprised that it was you actually. It really doesn't work in my eyes. Maybe with some time and effort, the concept itself might work, but the way it is now... no.

Also, the contest this is from is still open and you are not supposed to post entries from open contests. The fact that this has been eliminated might change that of course, I'm not too sure on that.

Keep up the (usually) great work and keep smiling!

Glen.

#11 Routh

Routh

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 705 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

yup i posted this cuz it was eliminated...and i guess youre right...the concept itself is great but it lacks execution...thanks for the reply though :)..yea and i love your work in greenweaver...:)

#12 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

yup i posted this cuz it was eliminated...and i guess youre right...the concept itself is great but it lacks execution...thanks for the reply though :)..yea and i love your work in greenweaver...:)

I think you have a cool concept :) but yeah it needs more work.
I wish I can give you some suggestions, but even eliminated designs can't be posted here until the contest is finalized. Sorry :S

#13 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

I loved seeing this one Routh - it certainly made me smile, but I knew the CH wouldn't pick it - there's a balance you have to achieve between fun and professionalism. Most CH's want their company to be taken seriously so even if they ask for a playful or edgy logo they very rarely want it in the extreme.

I can't believe how prolific you are Routh. You've already submitted as many entries as me! keep up the good work.

#14 Routh

Routh

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 705 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

hey gjr....wont be posting as much as i did anymore....my vacations are over now i have to go to school everyday now....and i have very little time left between homework,school etc....:(

#15 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

Finestroke - Your entry for Rooster Brewing is awesome! I absolutely love it - great job.

#16 finestroke

finestroke

• Designer
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:10 AM

Finestroke - Your entry for Rooster Brewing is awesome! I absolutely love it - great job.

Thanks men.. But then again, I missed the bulls eye.. And the comment is.. "the scary one" :)

#17 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

Thanks men.. But then again, I missed the bulls eye.. And the comment is.. "the scary one" :)

People are scared by all sorts of things - Maybe awesome design scares this CH. :D

Edited by GJR, 15 January 2014 - 05:37 PM.

#18 Jaraigo

Jaraigo

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

Sometimes you win, and sometimes you learn :)

#19 Nomadicart

Nomadicart

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

it looks clear and simple. My question would be, when you look at the glass, doest it make you to test/eat? does it look appetizing?
Who knows! we can only design what is good for us rest is depends on desire..

#20 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

Its quite creative but have to say you might have shown less nostrils or played bit more with having less obvious looking nose like being more reflections on the glass. But cause of the red the nose its kinda more clownish looking or someone having a cold. Sometime the message inside a logo doesn't have to be very obvious as there are also allot of famous logo's with a hidden message.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: creative, great design, rejected

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users