:) Brandy

#63 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:06 AM

Sharie had me laughing at "bull puckey" :D

That just started it for me... nice little chuckle at bull puckey then a full on laugh at tinkerbell. ;)

#64 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:35 AM

LOL..u made this old thread interesting now :D
u should thank the poster for the little laugh :o

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#65 pixel-life

pixel-life

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:50 AM

You didnt or you dont want to understand my message! Good vs evil is a frequent theme in art and literature. But to make good look evil and evil be taken as good, this is ridiculous. Art takes its source from reality and if the balance between good and evil is not preserved and you overbalance evil on good then it is lost as art - it is satanistic! Like the one who declared in this thread - marzac2 - that a monster Jesus contest would be fine for him - Jezzzz!!! You know, if somebosy is crazy, this doesnt necessarily mean he is an artist too.

About Evil Santa Clause - would you put such a design into your small kid's bedroom to look upon him with an evil smile at night?
About superman - this is fantesy, drawn from literature themes and legends like the Greek legend of Ikarus or the legends with fairies - art drawn from literature. Some people believe that fairies exist just like angels exist and just like demons exist, be sure of that. Trying to transform an angel into a demon or viceversa is therefore a complete lie because things are what they are and you dont have the power to change them. And if you cannot see the entire solar system or the other galaxies from where you are, this doesnt mean that they dont exist!

And now you must thank me for adding some salt and pepper to this old thread and make it sound interesting! Maybe after all, somebody can learn something about this site and its contests or about its designers...

#66 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

wasn't the grinch an evil santa?

Like us on facebook

#67 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:34 PM

This has become an interesting thread. But I'm going to have to close it before it gets out of hand.
I respect everyones thoughts and beliefs but this is just getting to be too much.

In the end all the community contests are for fun and have no ill will towards anything or anyone. We've had cute monster contests as well as evil santa so there is a balance. IN the end monsters are fun to draw because it dipicts a darker side that others simply don't dig into much. if you look at all the community contests there is a balance of good and evil.
Pixel-Life I challenge you to participate in the current contests. the Egg design and Feel the music. These are not evil just fun.. just like the monster contests were for fun.

That is all and this is closed!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users