• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 artist786

artist786

Banned

• Banned
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

Hello, I am having a sign made with vinyl cut lettering and I need help with converting a signature to vector art which would then be able to be opened in Adobe Illustrator. The sign company has asked that I send them the signature in an .eps file or some other format which they could open in Adobe Illustrator.

The signature is that of a fictional TV character, not a real person. Rather than learn how to do it myself I was wondering if someone out there would be willing to do it for me if I could provide them with an image with the signature which I need converted. I'm not looking for something for nothing although if someone could do this for me for little or no charge I would appreciate it. I do not know how large an undertaking this is so I don't really know if this is asking a lot. I really do not have the time to learn how to do this unless someone could explain it quicker than actually doing it but again I do not know how easy that would be to explain. I do have access to the sign makers computer which has Adobe Illustrator version 13 but he either does not want to do it himself or doesn't know how, I'm guessing the latter.

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

#2 ptu12

ptu12

• Designer
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:59 AM

If you have CorelDraw, converting is not difficult. Import it into corel, trace bitmap/outline trace/line art...
it will turn into editable object, then you can export it to .eps.

Or i can help without any cost if you want.

#3 beula2570

beula2570

designer

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

you can lock the object and tace it :)

#4 MISSnicki

MISSnicki

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

Scan the image of the signature, place the image scan in AI - choose "live trace, simple trace" then expand. I would also simplify path so it is smooth. Good Luck!

#5 haotian

haotian

• Client
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:00 AM

Scan the image of the signature, place the image scan in AI - choose "live trace, simple trace" then expand. I would also simplify path so it is smooth. Good Luck!

thank you , this is helpful .

I had never used Adobe Illustrator before. Last week I got my laptop, installed Illustrator and learned to draw a vector avatar from scratch. I drew the Vector art within 2 days used my Graphic Drawing Tablet XP-Pen Deco 02 ( 10x5.63 Inch drawing area , 8192 levels pressure ) .  I am a beginner and I, of course, have a lot to learn yet.

I would like to create embroidery designs in illustrator, then digitize them to be stitchable. 

#6 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:59 PM

You are also going to need some specialized software to convert your vector into stitches.

This is not as easy as it might first appear.

Hello, I am having a sign made with vinyl cut lettering and I need help with converting a signature to vector art which would then be able to be opened in Adobe Illustrator. The sign company has asked that I send them the signature in an .eps file or some other format which they could open in Adobe Illustrator.

The signature is that of a fictional TV character, not a real person. Rather than learn how to do it myself I was wondering if someone out there would be willing to do it for me if I could provide them with an image with the signature which I need converted. I'm not looking for something for nothing although if someone could do this for me for little or no charge I would appreciate it. I do not know how large an undertaking this is so I don't really know if this is asking a lot. I really do not have the time to learn how to do this unless someone could explain it quicker than actually doing it but again I do not know how easy that would be to explain. I do have access to the sign makers computer which has Adobe Illustrator version 13 but he either does not want to do it himself or doesn't know how, I'm guessing the latter.

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Since the signature is for a fictional characture you can use free handwriting script font and convert it to outlines and save it as an EPS.

Be aware that cutting vinyl has special limitations...no delicate hairlines.

If you are writting the signature yourself and then hoping to scan it for vector conversion, make sure to use a thick sharpie.

• KLDesign likes this

#7 Inta

Inta

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 05:33 PM

Trace the image or just use pen tool, to outline the signatue (you can create less anchor points which is better for your plotter).
Almost all plotter s software (product manager or other) reads EPS format.
And yes it should be relatively large.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users