• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 HunterT

HunterT

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:06 AM

Hey guys i'm new to this site and was hoping somebody could help me out. I recently got the chance to help design some logos for t-shirts and hoodies and what not for a company. My question is i brought a image in from a email that was sent to me and i made it into a vector image. Now i want to delete the background so i have surrounded the car in this case with a path using the pen tool now how do i delete the background?

#2 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

Welcome to DC

For something like this it would be easier to remove the background first in Photoshop before vectoring the image. But if it's too late to do that, do you know how to make clipping masks in Illustrator? Select the image and path (make sure path is the top object) then Object>Clipping Mask>Make

Hopefully that helps

#3 HunterT

HunterT

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

Well i dont have photoshop so im trying to work with what i have. I can make the clipping mask but im having issues with making it into a vector image afterwords. When i move the image it disapears into the white around the image and the background is there.

#4 mysticjenn

mysticjenn

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:38 PM

I have to agree with HappyGD... if you don't have Photoshop, there are some free programs out there like Gimp. I have Photoshop and I have Paintshop Pro. both of these programs have a free 30 day trial period. Why don't you download one of them and use them on this project. Outside of that, you have to either go into isolation mode or ungroup the paths. Then the tedious work begins. You will have to select each path that you do not want in the background and delete.

#5 ptu12

ptu12

• Designer
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:26 AM

If you don't have photoshop. You can use this online tool. Easily Remove Image Backgrounds Online - Clipping Magic

#6 saifu

saifu

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:10 AM

At first open Adobe Photoshop on your computer. Now go to the file menu and select open, from the open dialogue box choose an image and click open to use for your clipping path tutorial. Second step:
Now go to the window menu and select Tools then select the Pen tool from the toolbox. Make sure that you have selected paths from the pen tool menu bar which will found underneath of the main menu bar.

In the Clipping Paths dialog box, choose your path from the drop-down list, if it’s not already selected; click OK.

Leave the Flatness Device Pixels text field blank unless you need to change it. The flatness value determines how many device pixels are used to create your silhouette. The higher the amount, the fewer points are created, thereby allowing for faster processing time. This speed comes at a cost, though: Set the flatness value too high and you may see (if you look close) straight edges instead of curved edges.

#7 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:38 PM

@HunterT

If you are trying to create a logo that you can silkscreen, It will need to be clean vectors with the correct spot colors.

Autotracing and clipping paths create a complex mess that is usually unattractive, unusable, and in the wrong color mode.

First, see if the art is already available in vector from the originator. (problem solved)

If not, you will need to place the art on a separate layer in Illustrator and lock the layer.

Then you will need to painfully redraw (manually trace) the art.

You will also need to use the correct spot color pallet to get proper color separations for silk screen.

You will remove the original art layer when you are done tracing

This can take many hours, even for people who have mastery of the pen tool.

When compete, you will covert all strokes to shapes.

In the end you will have clean sharp art suitable for multiple professional purposes.

If you are going to use it as a one-off down and dirty project, you should get the highest resolution art available from the originator, and see if digital printing on white or light colored t-shirts is workable for you. Here, you can use photoshop clipping paths on the raster art. 

https://creativemark...p-Art-Generator

This is an automatic action for photoshop that can turn photography into an "Obama Hope Poster" style image. This sort of image may be auto traced and reworked into spot colors in illustrator.

I have had to recreate enough logos to make my eyes tear up just thinking about it., especially since I know that the original vector art exists but is just out of reach.

sharie has had to do much of this kind of work for DC. You might ask her to look art your project and give you an idea of how long it should take you to do it.

sorry...

I hope that this is helpful.

#8 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:51 AM

I am sorry if this feels harsh and overly difficult.

I would be delighted if someone would prove me wrong about this with some easy solution.

please give us a realistic alternate professional solution.

Thanks

#9 petermichaels

petermichaels

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:10 AM

Maybe you find the video tutorial on YouTube.

#10 Shahid99

Shahid99

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:35 PM

1. Open adobe Photoshop cc 2018+open image.

2. Create new file 1000x1000 px and then copy that image from the layer palate+paste the copy file+select image file layer+Magic eraser tool.

enjoy your self. 

#11 patilmansi785

patilmansi785

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:45 AM

I will suggest you to you can get the full information through the Video Tutorial. There are many basic points will have created. You will learn basic things from it. 

#12 markwarner

markwarner

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 11:02 AM

Thanks for sharing the information. Mac Videos is one of the best animation services available in the market.

#13 Gfxsmart

Gfxsmart

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 11:07 AM

Hey guys i'm new to this site and was hoping somebody could help me out. I recently got the chance to help design some logos for t-shirts and hoodies and what not for a company. My question is i brought a image in from a email that was sent to me and i made it into a vector image. Now i want to delete the background so i have surrounded the car in this case with a path using the pen tool now how do i delete the background?

First you have to remove the background using Adobe Photoshop after that you have to vector your image using Adobe Illustrator. Always remember that Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator are complement to each other. 

• Gfxsmart likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users