Designer Buddies

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 thereeds92

thereeds92

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

Its always a pleasure working with so many great designers! This is a good place to chat it up and talk about anything!.....without having to talk in the contest thread. :)

#2 aljeanrey1986

aljeanrey1986

Banned

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

Hey! Where you from?

#3 thereeds92

thereeds92

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

Lets keep chatting in your post! I responded there. ;)

#4 aljeanrey1986

aljeanrey1986

Banned

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

Check my portfoili and let me know what you think... Yours are more generally traditional but I don't know how to creat your kind of work...

#5 thereeds92

thereeds92

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

Ok I will check it out for sure! Lemme go look now. What are you having problems with regarding creating designs? Like which part is difficult for ya? Example?

#6 aljeanrey1986

aljeanrey1986

Banned

• Banned
  • 86 posts

I have to reinstall my graphic program, let me get back to yo you in an hour or less... Lets just chat in your thread. I was the one who made you create the thread, I forgot.

#7 lizonil

lizonil

Guru

• Designer
  • 1720 posts

Hi Dina, I didn't get a chance to thank you for the compliment on the sandbarre contest. It is a pleasure working alongside you, I really respect you and your designs are super. Liz : )

#8 thereeds92

thereeds92

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

Hey Liz! Thanks a bunch and you are very welcome. You are a very talented designer and I always look forward to contests when I see an entry from you. Means its going to be cut throat! lol. I really dig your final design for sand barre....beautiful, simple, and memorable. well done! :))

#9 thereeds92

thereeds92

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

Might as well repost this here....looks like this will be where we all communicate. ;)

Hahahaha!! We both created it. How silly of us. How are you my friend??? Youve got some great designs out there for sure! Anywho...my name is Dina, 34 years young, married to my gorgeous best friend, and we have an 8 year old son named Jack Cash. Living in fabulous Las Vegas and enjoying the weather. Have 7 animals (5 cats and 2 dogs) and a fish named Alcatraz (guess who named him...lol). Cheers!

#10 aljeanrey1986

aljeanrey1986

Banned

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

I'm back! To whom do I ask to remove my thread? Let's use your thread. That's Final
I'm single and 27 years young. No kids, as far as I know... What is you line of work? I used to design Banners and Logos on few of our local business here but now I'm unemployed. I hope the prize money is true... I wonder why "Container Mesh" contest left my design unrated. It's The only two of us left unrated out of 10 designs left uneliminated. I wonder what's gonna happen.

Edited by aljeanrey1986, 11 March 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#11 aljeanrey1986

aljeanrey1986

Banned

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

Hi Dina! Hi there llizonil! Welcome!
You've unbelievably won plenty of times lizonil! You might be the Design Queen! =)
If I have $10K I would probably travel to U.S. It's hard to find good descent work herein Philippines. I'm Computer Engineering Graduate, I taught for a semester 3rd Year to Grad Students... I stopped, it's mind stressing. Got the admin to delete my thread... Let's Talk here.

Edited by aljeanrey1986, 11 March 2014 - 04:23 PM.
Unfinished typing

#12 aljeanrey1986

aljeanrey1986

Banned

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

Question:
How did you start as a designer?

Edited by aljeanrey1986, 12 March 2014 - 11:13 AM.
Wrong grammar

#13 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Question:
How do you started as a designer?

Thoughts:
I think there should be a thread "Designer Enemies" too!

No I don't think so, no bashing of designers, no need to start any designer wars in the forum threads

Like us on facebook

#14 thereeds92

thereeds92

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

LOL!! Ya, dont think Designer Enemies would be a good title at all. I do agree with you regarding Liz...she is one hell of a designer for sure. :)
I sure hope you can make it to the states soon! That would be great for you. :) As for me, I like to focus on identity logos, business cards, and stickers. I work from home as a freelance designer and also supermom...! My son plays baseball, basketball, soccer, and football so we are always busy! Ive always loved art since I was a young girl but never followed up with it until 2011. Both my father and mother passed away at the age of 58 from cancer. Dad was 07 and Mom was 09. Very Very hard for me but those horrible circumstances made me shift careers and follow my dream. So, thats why I started in graphic design. I used to be the event coordinator for the City of Las Vegas Xtreme Sports Department. When Mom died we moved from Las Vegas to Texas for a few years...just recently moved back home here in January...and glad we did! Look forward to getting to know you more, and other fellow designers. :)

#15 EcoDesigns

EcoDesigns

• Designer
  • 278 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

@Liz and @thereeds....I am happy to see a thread specifically for getting to know other fellow designers. I didn't get a chance to say thanks to the CH nor talk to you guys for contest Sandbarre. I wanted to congratulate you Liz, I think your design is amazing. In fact not just this contest, all of your work truly stands out.

And I wanted to thank thereeds too. I think my entry came close to you both because of the strong competition you guys provided :). I am glad the CH finally saw her vision come to life.

@thereeds, I am sorry to hear about your parents. I can relate to you in some way as I lost my mom too. I am close to your age as well. Life isn't fair, but again, who said it was easy. We all need a driving force to pursue our passion. I am glad you found it! I really like your work style. Especially, the latest one you did for 'Blue Tattoo'. That's some skill girl!

#16 lizonil

lizonil

Guru

• Designer
  • 1720 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

Hi Eco, thanks for the compliments, but if I wasn't up against such great talent, that pushes me to try a bit harder each time, I would never create good stuff... so we really are a team in my eyes. Your designs were fab too. I used to praise other designers in the contest threads but that is frowned upon, and I can see why... so this little thread is a super idea.

Dina, I am so sorry to hear about your parents, I lost my mum a year ago, I know how hard it is, and to lose both your parents so close and so young... that is awful. You do sound like you have your head screwed on though... and that's great. It is lovely to meet you both on here after we have been up against each other so many times. : )

I haven't been entering many contests lately, as I am so busy with one on ones and private work, but I love to keep my hand in... these contests keep my creative juices flowing. I tried the poster contests... but just cannot compete with Ambush!!

#17 aljeanrey1986

aljeanrey1986

Banned

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

No I don't think so, no bashing of designers, no need to start any designer wars in the forum threads

I know it's inappropriate, It was just a thought. I apologize DC modz. I won't post negative thought again... =)

#18 aljeanrey1986

aljeanrey1986

Banned

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

Hi Eco, thanks for the compliments, but if I wasn't up against such great talent, that pushes me to try a bit harder each time, I would never create good stuff... so we really are a team in my eyes. Your designs were fab too. I used to praise other designers in the contest threads but that is frowned upon, and I can see why... so this little thread is a super idea.

Dina, I am so sorry to hear about your parents, I lost my mum a year ago, I know how hard it is, and to lose both your parents so close and so young... that is awful. You do sound like you have your head screwed on though... and that's great. It is lovely to meet you both on here after we have been up against each other so many times. : )

I haven't been entering many contests lately, as I am so busy with one on ones and private work, but I love to keep my hand in... these contests keep my creative juices flowing. I tried the poster contests... but just cannot compete with Ambush!!

I totally understand, we have to do something better with our lives and skills to be used in a rewarding way instead of wallowing from sadness. For me, DC helps me get busy all the time land learning new techniques to create great creative work for the clients. This may all be a contest to others, but it's a way for me at least to be appreciated for my work, even 1/100 rating point makes me happy in a small way as long as it is not eliminated. hehe...=) I hope somebody will share their techniques for creating effects on 3D logos... Anybody?

#19 aljeanrey1986

aljeanrey1986

Banned

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

LOL!! Ya, dont think Designer Enemies would be a good title at all. I do agree with you regarding Liz...she is one hell of a designer for sure. :)
I sure hope you can make it to the states soon! That would be great for you. :) As for me, I like to focus on identity logos, business cards, and stickers. I work from home as a freelance designer and also supermom...! My son plays baseball, basketball, soccer, and football so we are always busy! Ive always loved art since I was a young girl but never followed up with it until 2011. Both my father and mother passed away at the age of 58 from cancer. Dad was 07 and Mom was 09. Very Very hard for me but those horrible circumstances made me shift careers and follow my dream. So, thats why I started in graphic design. I used to be the event coordinator for the City of Las Vegas Xtreme Sports Department. When Mom died we moved from Las Vegas to Texas for a few years...just recently moved back home here in January...and glad we did! Look forward to getting to know you more, and other fellow designers. :)

I used to make design for tarpaulin/banners, I'm getting better since I started 2006 in a local business corp. here. I'm getting nowhere. But I still consider myself an amateur considering my few knowledge on techniques for making 3D effects. I just study other other design logo effects and apply it on mine in my own way using only the tools i know how.

#20 thereeds92

thereeds92

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

A special shout out to my buddy aljean for taking the win in sunworks!!!! We were neck to neck but you did it!! yay!!! glad my suggestion with the reflection worked in your favor. congrats again...Ill get ya next time! hehehehehe xoxo

Thanks to all regarding my parents as well. been hard but slapped me in the face so I woke up and am on road to success. :) Will reply later in more depth...gotta get some work done on few private compamy logos. cheers!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users