Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

the new layout

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 13 February 2004 - 09:20 PM

As you all know we had a contest and the winner was Lucidic. Now we are working with him and vBMechanic who is going to code the skin. We would very much appreciate any of your comments on it, so we don't miss anything and make the design very friendly for all our users. Well, the design is done already, but maybe you could give us some hints about what should be changed to make it even better?

http://www.lucidicst...UMTemplate.html

well, if you think it is perfect and everything should stay as is, just give your praise to Lucidic, he deserves it!

#2 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 09:45 PM

It looks really good, and its easy to look at.. always a good thing in a community.

The only suggestion I really have is to space out the category tables. Right now they are all squished together, and once forums and topics get placed in them it will start to look cluttered.

Great job Lucidic :)
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#3 Vaio

Vaio

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 01:42 AM

Its pretty good, its perfect for how u wanted it. its good hope to see it installed.
Michael

#4 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 03:25 AM

I would agree 100% with penguinpedia - easy to look at, simple - but definitely needs to have the categories spaced out some. With all of the category headers the same, it would definitely be hard to keep them from running together without some sort of separation.

Great job though :)

~Jenn
Jenn Lindsey - Freelance Graphic Designer
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce

My website: jennlindsey.com

Please review the new rules for DesignContest.net here

#5 psyris

psyris

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 287 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 06:35 AM

its again yes simple and easy to look at though perhaps a bit more something though i dunno what that is
www.uiom.com.au
simple and effective design solutions

#6 sangit

sangit

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 323 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 07:13 AM

the design is nice but i think the font for the header/banner and button doesn't suit the layout well.

#7 bvgroote

bvgroote

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 08:09 AM

I think it's great. Very smooth

#8 simplistik

simplistik

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 04:30 AM

Hmm.... it's cool. Lucidic is an awesome designer and I don't think this is his best stuff.

I think I'm gonna talk to him about getting rid of that played out pixel font though. I hate that damn font. Galaxy or something... bleh. Hehehe, sorry Lucidic I know you asked me about it b4, I guess all this just hit me. :cool:

www.beyondthepixel.com - a multimedia affair
··························································
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
-Leonardo da Vinci

#9 insideout203

insideout203

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:17 PM

Guys.. I hate to be out on a limb but the forum thing is over used. People try to make forum technology work for so many things and it just dosn't from a usability standpoint. This site could benifit from a developed platform that makes it easier to have logos designed and look at the results.

I am used to coding sites that are functional and work for their intended purpose. I could write an engine for this site that would be awesome at making this easier for the end user.

People that are not tech orented sometimes get confused by forums.. I know people hate to hear that but they do. It could be soo much easier for those people to enter their requests into a system that helped them manage their logo design process.

I would be happy to write this system for free.. There are plenty of graphics people here to get the looks and feel right.. just needs a custom engine.

#10 Lucidic

Lucidic

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 01:15 AM

This would be something to think about DC team!
If this member wants to develope a custom engine for free
then I think you should jump on it.
We can make a simple site using what I have started but even more simplified for the clients

Then havea big LAUNCH YOUR CONTEST button
that will pull up the enterface that I will help design graphically

just a thought....

insideout203 can you post URL to anything you have done?

peace
I design Flash and HTML sites
as well as full Identity Brands and more.

• Guests

Posted 18 February 2004 - 02:07 AM

I have PM'd insideout, but in private message he was less optimistic about developing this engine. Lack of time is a common problem among all of us.

Though I personally would love to simplify the process for the cleints...

#12 shuv

shuv

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 01:31 AM

good job with the new layout, prersonaly i think it couldn't be better, good job lu
looking forward the to launch
Will work for food.

#13 bo5ton

bo5ton

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 12:54 AM

could we maybe have the option of choosing a colour to replace the green? Like a few different styles with just like a teal instead of green, or a dark red, or a yellow? Green just isn't my fav that's all... :p
• Bo5ton • <wittyremark>Edit-me-plz</wittyremark>
• Plz check out My Blog! • # • VL's! • # • Foamy Rules!!! • #
• Blisstco Graphics © • http://www.blisstco.tk•

#14 itsjunaid

itsjunaid

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 08:37 PM

Very nice layout Lucidic....i really like it!
iT neVer beGan fOr uS iT WiLL neVer eNd FoR Us.

#15 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 08:58 PM

could we maybe have the option of choosing a colour to replace the green? Like a few different styles with just like a teal instead of green, or a dark red, or a yellow? Green just isn't my fav that's all... :p

I really like this idea of being able to change the color of the skin. I would think that would be a great option to have! (I'm a dark red fan myself.....i'm getting pretty sick of greens & blues.....).

Nice thought! :)
Jenn Lindsey - Freelance Graphic Designer
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce

My website: jennlindsey.com

Please review the new rules for DesignContest.net here

#16 insideout203

insideout203

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:32 PM

A thread has been started for the alternate DC interface. A custom interface for contest creation. If anyone is interested in helping with the graphics design check out the thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users