• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 sakina.salem

sakina.salem

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:06 AM

Hello,

I have been looking at a lot of posts and forums to try and understand the process and I do think and appreciate that things like abandoned contests and refunds are well handled in DC. I am astounded by how many competitions are abandoned...

My only concern is that it is very scary to not know where the contest is in terms of whether it will be voted upon, refunded or the CH is still deciding. I can understand that saying a CH has asked for a refund can be perceived negatively but I think most designers would prefer to be kept in the loop of what is going on rather than be left in the dark and anticipating the outcome for months on end. 

My feature request would be to have more status for each competition including things like "Waiting for CH to make a decision" or "refund requested" or "Gone for voting in Designer Chat" possibly with the time that that process might require. so if a CH is allowed 3 months to make a decision, that information on the contest page would make designers less anxious. Links to pre written explanations about what part of the process that particular competition is in would also be helpful.

I believe this will also reduce the many extra forums from impatient and newbie designers and the number of replies Sharie and other admin would have to make. The links will also point people in the right direction for example I have been on DC for a year and did not understand where to go to vote on other designs until today after combing through many many forums. 

Thank you for creating this platform and keeping it updated.

Sakina

• maxx, Markonije and 3B-Designs like this

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

Thank you for your information and suggestions

Have a great day

• sakina.salem and 3B-Designs like this

Like us on facebook

#3 3B-Designs

3B-Designs

• Designer
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:47 PM

Great post @sakina.salem. I too was wondering about the same. Luckily I saw your post and I'm 100% for the topic. The kind of timely updates for a contest would be really helpful for us designers.

• sakina.salem likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: voting, finalization, expired, closed, status, refunds, explanations, links

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users