• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:27 PM

For those who make magazine or anything in Indesign want to exchange files to a computer with CS2 here is a tip. Today at school I found out the files are not backwards compatible so if you try to open cs3 files in a cs2 Indesign it wont open. But I luckly found the solution. Also would be helpfull for clients who got cs2 and want to have the Indesign files.

Save InDesign CS3 content for use in InDesign CS2 (Saving back)

To save files from InDesign CS3 for use in InDesign CS2, export the file to interchange (.incx) format.

1. Choose File > Export.
2. Give the file a name and location, select InDesign Interchange from the Format menu (Mac OS) or File Type menu (Windows), and then click Save.

Note: It is recommended that you install the most current InDesign CS2 update before attempting to open InDesign CS3 interchange files for greatest compatibility.

Download the update from the Adobe website at www.adobe.com/support/downloads.

#2 edison

edison

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:27 AM

thanks for posting.it 's help me a lot.

#3 noxieCreative

noxieCreative

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:33 AM

At one of the web design companies I worked at I actually made a CMS manual where I had to do this a bunch. This definitely will increase your work flow. Thanks for posting.

#4 ArtFX

ArtFX

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:10 PM

Another note, If you have CS4 it will not save back to CS2. You must first export it out as InDesign Interchange, but this will only work for CS3. You must then export it out of CS3 as InDesign Interchange to work in CS2. I keep CS2,3 & 4 on my machines just in case.

#5 michiganmike80

michiganmike80

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:49 AM

Another note, If you have CS4 it will not save back to CS2. You must first export it out as InDesign Interchange, but this will only work for CS3. You must then export it out of CS3 as InDesign Interchange to work in CS2. I keep CS2,3 & 4 on my machines just in case.

i will never understand why adobe wont just let people back save just like every other program

#6 Heavsie

Heavsie

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:05 PM

Thanks a lot! Helped me much :D

#7 roepdesign

roepdesign

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

Thank you so much for this, i hated the fact i thought it wasn't possible

#8 SenseCreate

SenseCreate

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:52 AM

Thanks for sharing...

#9 Sketcher1

Sketcher1

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:42 PM

Thanks for the info. I have InDesign CS4 and was wondering about this subject just the other day. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users